Name: The Long Dark
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.9.3 or later
RAM minimum: 4 GB
Processor type(s) & speed: Core i5 2.2GHz
DRM free, not tested on Sierra 10.12.
Web Site: http://www.thelongdark.com
Steam Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/The_Long_Dark/
***THE LONG DARK IS AN EARLY ACCESS TITLE. THE SANDBOX IS IN A CONSTANT STATE OF IMPROVEMENT, AND IT ISN'T FINISHED. BUYING THE LONG DARK ON EARLY ACCESS SUPPORTS OUR ABILITY TO CONTINUE IMPROVING THE GAME. FOR MORE INFORMATION, REFER TO THE EARLY ACCESS INFORMATION ABOVE.***
What is The Long Dark?
The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness. There are no zombies -- only you, the cold, and everything Mother Nature can throw at you.
Current Game Features
The Early Access version of The Long Dark features the game’s non-narrative Survival Sandbox mode. The game will leave Early Access one we launch Episode One of our Story Mode. All Season One episodes are included in the cost of Early Access.
● No hand holding! The game challenges players to think for themselves by providing the information but never the answers. You have to earn the right to survive.
● Permadeath! See how long you can survive, check your standing on the global Leaderboards, then head back in and push yourself to survive longer.
● Monitor your Calorie count, Hunger and Thirst, Fatigue, and Body Temperature. Maintain your overall Condition if you want to survive. Let yourself weaken and any small threat may lead to your death.
● Over 30 square kms of wilderness to explore (and with more regions coming!). Mystery Lake, Coastal Highway, Desolation Point, Pleasant Valley, and more, all interconnected and each with dozens of explorable locations.
● Dynamic weather, wildlife, and time of day, all with an impact on how you choose to survive.
● Over 100 gear items including clothing, tools like hatchets and rifles, first aid equipment, foodstuffs, light sources like lanterns and flares, and firestarting equipment.
● Hunt Deer, Snare Rabbits, and watch for Crows as they can signify the presence of animal, or human, corpses that can be vital sources of Supplies. Wolves are territorial and will defend their territory, or stalk you if they catch your scent. If you let them get too close, you may find yourself in a desperate struggle to survive. Be on the lookout for Black Bears, as they roam the landscape in search of food.
● Harvest Wood for fuel, maintain your Gear and Clothing, and keep your Knife, Hatchet, and Rifle in top shape as they will save your life!
● Harvest Medicinal plants like Old Man's Beard Lichen, Rose Hips, Reishi Mushrooms.
● Deep First Aid system featuring many afflictions including: Sprains, Blood Loss, Infection Risk, Infection, Food Poisoning, Dysentery, and more.
● Craft Snares, First Aid items, Repair your Clothing and Tools, and Harvest raw materials from the environment, as you do your best to become self-sufficient.
● ...and much more!
With an average of 3-4 updates per month, The Long Dark is in a state of constant improvement. We have released over 75 updates since bringing the game to Early Access. Updates typically include new gameplay, tuning, new areas, items, and visual improvements. We are constantly improving the game based on our iterative development process, with input from the community.
Please note that the Early Access price provides immediate access to the Sandbox Mode, and includes the cost of Season One episodes of the Story Mode, the first of which will be available at the game's full launch.
The Hinterland Team
The Long Dark is brought to you by Hinterland Studio, an independent game developer comprised of industry veterans with significant credits on many renowned series including Far Cry, Red Faction, Saints Row, God of War, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age, Company of Heroes, and many others. The Long Dark is the team's first attempt to create a unique and thought-provoking independent game that pushes the boundaries of the medium.
We appreciate your support of our efforts!
What's New in Version 393:
We've just hotfixed The Long Dark to v.393 to address the following bug:
* Fixed issue where Arrows would disappear upon save or scene transition.
The Long Dark Sandbox v.392 Changelist:
* Fixed crash that could occur when getting Frostbite
* Fixed uncommon crash related to leaving footprints
* Reduced glare cast from first person Flare and Torch
* Fixed issue with predators interrupting player sleep in invalid locations
* Fixed issue with too many Wolves spawning in Pleasant Valley
* Fixed issue with harvested Saplings sometimes providing Cured Branches
* Fixed issue with items falling through ice after a Struggle
* Fixed issue with wildlife sometimes not being able to pathfind to valid locations
* Fixed issue with screen sometimes not smoothly fading in when starting a new game
* Fixed issue with extra cancel button prompt sometimes showing up on Inventory UI (gamepad only)
* Fixed issues with getting stuck in Forlorn Muskeg and Jackrabbit Island
* Fixed issue with getting stuck when exiting the bed in the Quonset
* Fixed issue with Forlorn Muskeg Safe not working properly in Interloper
* Fixed issue with a container being destroyed in Forlorn Muskeg when breaking down a metal shelf
* Fixed issue with being able to use Forge before it's hot enough
* Fixed issue with First Aid Kits floating after breaking down furniture
* Fixed issue with Research button not being localized
* Fixed background blur when cancelling the delete of a save slot
* Fixed missing damage state art for some clothing items
* Assign non-zero weight bonus for fish at Ice Fishing Skill Level 4
* Assign non-zero reduction in fishing time at Ice Fishing Skill Level 2
* Fixed collision issues in some caves that could prevent picking up items
* Fixed issue with drawn Survival Bow movement speed retained after Wolf or Bear struggle
* Fixed issue with Arrows not animating properly in certain cases
* Fixed corpse loot issue on Timberwolf Mountain
* Fixed issue with Snares not being visible at moderate distance
* Updated copyright notice on main menu