Descriptions for Default Folder X 5.1.7
Name: Default Folder X for Mac
Release Date: 05 Oct 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, “rebounding” to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X’s toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you’re constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you’ve recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you’re still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What’s New in Default Folder X 5.1.7
- Fixed a bug that could cause Default Folder X to hang for up to a minute when switching folders in a Save sheet
- Corrected an intermittent problem where Default Folder X couldn’t determine which folder was showing in a file dialog in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Removed the compatibility warning for Tencent’s QQ app if you’re running QQ version 6.1 or higher, since that version fixes the conflict
- The purchase reminder alert will no longer pop up while you’re trying to enter your license information
- Corrected a bug that could cause Default Folder X to crash when moving an item to the Trash
- Fixed a crash in Default Folder X’s window drawing code
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category