Descriptions for DaVinci Resolve Studio 14.0.1
Name: DaVinci Resolve Studio
Release Date: October 07, 2017
Developer: Blackmagic Design Inc
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/davinci-resolve-studio/id900392332?mt=12
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio
Hollywood’s most powerful tools for professional editing, color correction, audio post production and multi user collaboration!
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio combines professional editing, the world’s most advanced color corrector and all new Fairlight digital audio tools into a high performance system that’s up to 10x faster than before! Now you can seamlessly edit, color correct, mix and deliver without having to switch software. It’s like getting 3 high end applications in one! Best of all, DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio also features revolutionary new multi user collaboration tools that let multiple people work on the same project at the same time!
In addition to multi user collaboration, the DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio edition also includes advanced tools such as automatic face recognition and tracking, dozens of additional Resolve FX such as film grain, lens flares and more, temporal and spatial noise reduction, photorealistic motion blur effects, stereoscopic 3D tools, multi GPU support for incredible performance, frame rates up to 120fps, and high resolution output for 4K and beyond!
DaVinci Resolve includes every professional editing and trimming tool imaginable, making it perfect for high end film and television editing! The new playback engine is up to 10x faster so you get instantaneous feedback and precise control while editing and trimming, even for processor intensive formats such as H.264.
Advanced Color Correction
Used on more feature films and television shows than any other system, DaVinci Resolve has the industry’s highest quality image processing, most powerful primary and secondary correction tools, advanced curve editors, power windows, facial recognition, stabilization and tracking, and over 20 new Resolve FX filters!
Incredible New Fairlight Audio
The integrated Fairlight digital audio workstation lets you work on audio post in the same software you use for editing and color! You get high end mixing, busing and metering, along with multi channel recording, ADR tools, full automation, sample level waveform editing, audio sweetening, effects and more!
Multi User Collaboration
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio lets multiple users work in the same project at the same time! You get bin locking, integrated chat, timeline comparison tools for merging changes and more. Now assistants can prep footage while editors cut, colorists grade, and sound editors finish audio, all at the same time!
Additional features in this version of DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio:
– Supports frame rates up to 120fps
– Outputs higher than Ultra HD resolution such as 4K and beyond
– Automatic facial recognition and face refinement
– Temporal and Spatial noise reduction
– Photorealistic optical quality motion effects
– Lens Flare, Lens Blur and Film Grain ResolveFX
– Lens distortion correction
– HDR (High Dynamic Range) grading
– Stereoscopic 3D tools
– Multi-user collaboration with bin and timeline locking
– Built in multi-user chat
– Timeline comparison tool for merging changes
– Remote rendering
– Support for more than 2 GPUs
DaVinci Resolve 14 App Store Limitations
The Mac App store version of DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio works with OpenCL only, does not support some external control panels, and may not be compatible with all 3rd party OpenFX or VST plugins. If you need these features, please purchase DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio from a Blackmagic Design reseller.
Current model MacPro, iMac or MacBook Pro with a minimum of 4GB of graphics memory. A fast hard disk for video, 16GB of system memory, Mac OS X 10.12.6 Sierra or higher, at least a 1440 x 900 resolution display.
What’s New in DaVinci Resolve Studio 14.0.1
• Added support for HEVC decode on DaVinci Resolve on macOS High Sierra
• Added support for hardware accelerated HEVC decode on macOS High Sierra
• Added support for hardware accelerated HEVC encode on macOS High Sierra on supported hardware
• Added support for hardware accelerated HEVC decode on supported NVIDIA GPUs on DaVinci Resolve Studio on Windows and Linux
• Media Pool thumbnails now has an indicator for embedded mattes
• Dragging nodes from Gallery stills now honors the “Apply Grade Using” setting
• Improved Loudness Metering on the Fairlight page
• Added support for setting the Loudness scale in Project Settings
• Added support for 7.1 audio track type on the timeline and Clip Attributes
• Added support for automatically tagging 7.1 audio clips in Clip Attributes
• Added support for dynamics for audio buses in the Audio Mixer
• Added support for navigating between previous and next keyframes in the Fairlight page inspector
• Added support for picker RGB values when using setting the black or white point
• Added support for picker RGB values when using the color picker in OpenFX and ResolveFX plugins
• Added ability to select one or multiple tracks by Command/Ctrl+clicking from the Audio Mixer
• Added support single and multi frame nudge in the Fairlight page
• Added support for DNxHD and DNxHR in an MXF container for Fusion Connect
• General performance and stability improvements