Descriptions for Bookends 12.8.4
Name: Bookends for Mac
Release Date: 03 Oct 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.7 or later
Web Site: http://www.sonnysoftware.com/
Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
- Bookends uses the cloud to sync reference libraries on all the Macs you use. Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2016): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, Manuscripts.app, and LibreOffice/OpenOffice 4 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
- Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, virtual groups, and smart folders as well as tag clouds that make hierarchical searches easy.
- Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
- Annotate and markup PDFs and have the information instantly accessible in notecards.
Easily migrate references and attachments from other reference managers to Bookends.
- Sync your library with Bookends for iOS on your iOS devices, so that you have your references and PDF’s with you wherever you are.
What’s New in Bookends 12.8.4
- Updated the JSTOR parser to deal with changes made by JSTOR
- Updated Google Scholar search to deal with changes made by Google
- Fixed a High Sierra incompatibility that prevented Bookends from moving attachments to a default folder subfolder
- Fixed a bug in subject bibliographies when a smart search contains a boolean OR.
- Fixed a bug in searching PDFs where the number of hits didn’t change when a new PDF was opened.
- Fixed a bug that prevented disambiguation of citations when using the MLA format.
- Fixed a bug in smart folders that prevented searching more than one item in the smart folder.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused text in the clipboard to be ignored when importing.
- Fixed a bug in the online search web toggle button that prevented EZProxy from being used.
- Fixed a bug that could cause ? characters to appear before and after unicode characters in scanned RTF files opened in TextEdit.
- Fixed a bug in the online search Bookends Browser window where pressing Command-F would show the reference list. Fixed a bug where Bookends would offer to remove a reference when a folder was selected in the group pane and the Delete key was pressed.
- Fixed a bug in the file tag cloud where clicking on the tag would find only one reference.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category