Name: Substance Painter - Simply the most innovative and user-friendly 3D painter out there.
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
RAM minimum: 8 GB
Graphics minimum: VRAM 2GB
Web Site: http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-painter
Substance Painter is the reference 3D Painting app with never before seen features and workflow improvements to make the creation of textures for 3D assets easier than ever. It is acknowledged as the most innovative and user-friendly Texture Painter out there.
・Updated Dota 2 Template - The Dota 2 template has been updated to fit with the latest Source Engine 2 changes.
・Particle Brushes - Throw water, dirt or even fire at your object and watch the realistic weathering effects unfold in real time!
・Export to any engine - Export presets for Unity, Unreal Engine 4, Cryengine and Lumberyard as well as Arnold, VRay and many more are incliuded.
・Material Painting - Paint full materials at once, lay the groundwork for your textures or paint small details in seconds!
・Non Destructive Smudge and Clone tools - Get rid of seams on all the textures at once, or use the smudge to create stylized textures easily.
・Iray path tracing Renderer - Get profesional quality renders of your assets in a few seconds using NVidia's Iray renderer right in the tool.
・Smart Material - Reuse your materials to texture super quickly!
・Smart Masks - Save mask presets to reuse on future projects.
・Physically Based Viewport - Preview your painting in a next-gen viewport for accurate material feedback.
・Fully Non-Destructive - Modify your UVs or topology at any time without ever losing your work.
・Substance Brushes - Use your Substances as brushes and unleash parametric painting!
・2D Seamless Painting Paint in 2D across seams thanks to the unified 3D/2D pipeline. Massive time saver and unique feature in digital painting application!
・Multi-Material - Paint on the different texture sets of your mesh!
・Shelf - A dense preset library of materials, tools and effects that are tweakable, making the possibilities infinite.
What's New in Substance Painter 2.1.1:
- [License] Be able to change the license file location
- [Viewport] Add a "B" shortcut to cycle between additional maps
- [Import] Allow to import FBX 2016/2017 properly
- [Tool] Remove checkers when using the quick mask
- [Iray] Add scene dimensions information
- [Iray] Allow to increase maximum number of samples and render time
- [UI] Update result immediately when using +/- button on sliders
- [UI] Allow greater precision for Grayscale sliders
- [Export] Don't export an alpha channel for textures being RGB only
- [Export] Update Dota 2 export preset
- [Export] Impossible to export PSD files in 8bits
- [Export] 8K export is not available on some hardware configurations
- [Export] Sketchfab window is cropped
- [Export] Incorrect roughness map in Spec/Gloss export preset
- [UI] Typing in grayscale sliders doesn't work anymore
- [UI] Impossible to put filters into substance inputs (like Generators)
- [UI] Some sliders have odd behaviors
- [UI] DeltaTime +/- step for particles is too big
- [Iray] Some projects block the application when switching to Iray
- [Iray] Crash when detecting hardware
- [Tool] Brush preview color is incorrect in Mask mode
- [Tool] Material picker can be used with incompatible tools
- [Tool] Projection preview don't switch to Diffuse with Spec/Gloss workflow
- [Shelf] Changing default shader breaks smart mats/smart masks previews
- [Shelf] Some smart materials have incorrect names
- [Shelf] Additional alpha shapes are corrupted and won't load
- [Viewport] Switching to "Additional map" mode display "other" first
- [Viewport] Viewport switch back to "other" when an additional map doesn't exist
- [Crash][Linux] Crash report doesn't work on Ubuntu (Steam)
- [Crash][Linux] Web URL links don't work on Ubuntu (Steam)
- [Crash][Windows] Remove "crashwatcher" when Substance painter doesn't run anymore
- [Crash][Mac] Crash report system doesn't work properly
- [Crash] Importing a mesh while already importing a mesh lead to a crash
- Texture set picking shortcut reset to nothing after a relaunch