Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7+
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
RAM minimum: N/A
Video RAM: N/A
What's New in Version 3.5
* Fixed crashes and visual glitches on OS X 10.11.
* New Black theme on OS X 10.11. However, the Dark theme is no longer available. It will hopefully return in a future update.
* Added a window opacity setting.
* Highlighted properties are now collected in their own section at the top of the list.
* Updated metadata loading and WebP libraries.
More info: http://xee.c3.cx
Xee is an streamlined and convenient image viewer and browser. It is similar to Mac OS X's Preview.app, but lets you easily browse the entire contents of folders and archives, move and copy image files quickly, and supports many more image formats. It also shows animation for formats which support this.
It is designed to take full advantage of touch controls, allowing you to swipe through images in a folder one by one. You can of course also zoom and rotate files using multi-touch gestures.
Xee can also display huge amounts of metadata from image files. For this, it uses Image::ExifTool, one of the most comprehensive metadata libraries.
Loading images directly from archive files is also possible, and Xee works very well as a comic book reader.
Xee offers multiple visual styles. This allows you to, for instance, pick one which is less distracting while sorting through photos.