Release Date: 07 Jun 2017
Languages: English, French, German
Developer: Many Tricks
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Web Site: https://manytricks.com/witch
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/witch/id412485838?mt=12
Witch allows you to switch directly between not only applications (as you can do with Command-Tab), but windows as well. Instead of switching applications first, then windows, use Witch to switch directly to your desired window. If you're coming to the Mac from Windows, you'll find Witch a natural-feeling replacement for Windows' ability to switch directly to windows.
• Witch earned a very-rare perfect five-mouse rating from Macworld: "...Witch is easily one of the most useful utilities on my Macs."
You can even define global hot keys for useful tasks such as releasing or closing all minimized windows, or zooming the frontmost window.
As you can see from the screenshots, Witch has a ton of customization options, none of which are required, but all of which can help make Witch work exactly as you want it to work.
Witch was recently recognized as one of Macworld's Mac Gems of the Year for 2010.
◆◆ NOTE: You do *not* have to leave the Witch application running to use Witch.
The first time you quit Witch, a dialog will appear asking if you'd like Witch to run in the background. Say yes, and you can then switch away without seeing Witch in the Dock. You can access the settings panel at any time by either double-clicking the application, or by pressing comma while the Witch panel is onscreen. ◆◆
What's New in Version 4.1.0:
• Mail's unread messages badge now shows in Witch. (We cannot get Messages unread message count, sorry.)
• The period key can be used to dismiss the Witch panel, regardless of what it's currently displaying.
• A soon-to-be-public Badge API helps other developers send their app's badge icon data to other programs, like Witch.
Bug Fixes And Improvements:
• Improved speed of switcher's appearance when working with slow-to-respond apps.
• Cross-Space switching should be more reliable.
• Relocated the help button to a more-visible location.
• Improved fuzzy search logic.
• Vertical panels no longer resize their width when closing/quitting entries on the list.
• Fixed a memory leak associated with using pop-up window previews and mini window previews.
• Lots of little changes to improve Witch's appearance and performance.