Name: WinZip - The leading zip unzip and cloud file management tool
Developer: WinZip Computing LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.winzip.com/mac/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/winzip-leading-zip-unzip-cloud/id583827028?mt=12
Experience the power of WinZip®–on your Mac! Access key features more easily, zip and protect with confidence, and seamlessly connect to cloud services with WinZip Mac 5.
• Zip and unzip files instantly with WinZip’s trusted compression
• Protect files with strong AES encryption
• Share directly to Dropbox and Google Drive
• Share directly to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare, from within WinZip
• Successfully email large files and minimize storage needs
• Zip and unzip files instantly using simple, drag-and-drop tools
• Reduce file size for faster sharing and smaller storage
• Open major compressed file formats (Zip, Zipx, RAR, LHA, 7Z, JAR, WAR)
• Resize images any time you create an zip, and get two new resize options
• Password-protect confidential files and apply powerful AES encryption
• Re-use your password when additional encrypted files are added to a Zip
• Prevent unauthorized access of email attachments
• Encrypt individual files within a zipped folder
• Easily view and double-check your password with new Show Password
Package and Share
• Zip and encrypt Mac files to create smaller, safer email attachments
• Organize and compress files into small, logical groups that are ideal for sharing
• Zip files and folders for faster uploading/downloading times
• Easily share to Facebook, Twitter and other apps
Connect to your Clouds
• Connect to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare right from WinZip
• Easily zip and upload large files, or open zip files saved in the cloud
• Use Cloud Links to upload a file to your cloud service and quickly send a link to it via email
• Automatically get a link to paste into Skype or other apps when you upload your zip file to a cloud service
• Maximize cloud storage space by compressing files
What's New in Version 5.0:
・Easily share links to files in the cloud - WinZip Mac 5 automatically generates a link when you upload your zip file to a cloud service. The link is placed in your clipboard so you can easily paste it into other apps, such as Skype, for quick sharing.
・Apply to all files in your Zip - Resize images in a Zip file without having to manually unzip and then zip them back up.
・Resize images - Resize images any time you create a Zip file, not just when emailing.
・More resize options - Choose from two additional options for resizing images: X-Large (1920 x 1536) and XX-Large (2880 x 2304).
・Actions pane - Easily access frequently used features, including encryption, image resizing, link sharing and zip actions, on this new context-sensitive pane. Show or hide the Actions pane as needed with the new toolbar button.
・Quick Action button - Use this menu on the Zip pane selection bar for fast access to many actions, including Unzip, Rename, Delete, Get Info and Quick Look.
・Preserve the View type - During the Save process, WinZip Mac now saves the currently selected view type before saving the Zip file and then restores the view type when it re-opens the Zip file. This prevents the view type from changing during a Save if the current type does not match the default type.
・.app file display - To simplify unzipping .app files in a Zip, they are now displayed as a file in the view instead of as a folder.
・Default SaveLast Access Locations - A "New file location" default is used when saving a new Zip file. There is also a last accessed location to use as the default when requesting a location that is "from this Mac" or "to this Mac". And there is a last accessed location used as the default when requesting a location that is "from the iCloud Drive" or "to iCloud Drive".
・Re-use password - Additional encrypted files are added to a Zip of encrypted files using the same password, rather than requesting an additional password. Password re-use is available for the length of that Zip session.
・Check your password - Select the new "Show Password" checkbox to view your password and ensure it is entered correctly.
・Apply to all files in the Zip - Encrypt files in an existing Zip without having to manually unzip them and then zip them back up with encryption enabled.