Descriptions for UninstallPKG 1.1.0
Released: Nov 24th, 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.corecode.at/
Streamlined OS X utility designed to help you effortlessly find and completely remove installed packages from your Mac’s hard drive
UninstallPKG is a macOS system maintenance tool that offers you the possibility to completely uninstall package files that you do not use anymore in order to regain storage space.
The UninstallPKG application starts by scanning your drive in order to detect all the currently installed packages.
It is also important to note that the packages which have already been removed are marked in red.
Via UninstallPKG’s Preferences window you can choose to ignore certain packages installed by specific applications, such as the Mac App Store, or Xcode.
Within the UninstallPKG main window you can also get a quick overview of all the files related to a certain package installation and then choose to completely remove them from your Mac if you they’re no longer needed.
Of course, you have to be sure that you know what the packages are for before uninstalling them, and that you will not be needing them anymore.
What’s new in UninstallPKG 1.1.0
November 24th, 2017
- Added ability to uninstall 'System Packages' without disabling 'System Integrity Protection'
- Re-designed preferences window
- Automatically reload package list when changing ignored installers in the preferences
- Added partial translation to 35 languages
- Fixed possible crash on uninstallation
- Fixed problems with the auto-update mechanism
- Fixed display of license code details in documentaton window
- Fixed too-small icon display in main window on non-10.13 systems
- Protect against moving UninstallPKG while it is running
- Added workarounds for inability to launch when the 'helper tool' has been 'disabled'
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category