Descriptions for TinkerTool System 4.81
Name: TinkerTool System for Mac
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerToolSys4.html
TinkerTool System is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- Built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- Extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- The possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- Genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system;
- An emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- Features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- Functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
What’s New TinkerTool System 4.81
- Added new feature for OS X 10.11 El Capitan to change the computer setting for optimizing system performance for server operations with OS X Server.
- Analyzing log files is now automatically decoupled from application startup if a high number of logs is detected. Excessive log files on a computer no longer slow down the launch of the program.
- The use of different workarounds for bugs in OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.11 El Capitan could create subtle compatibility problems with version 4.8 if operating system, main application, privileged auxiliary program, and the Standalone Utility have been updated in a specific order. Launching version 4.81 analyzes this situation and replaces the helper programs if necessary to resolve such problems.
- Added support for upcoming versions of Safari.
- Added additional features and documentation to detect cases where System Integrity Protection is causing internal failures of OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Updated all quarantine features to ensure full compatibility with the latest versions of OS X.
- Resolved minor issues with the compatibility of Safari 9.1.1 and later.
- Better user interface presentation when displaying permission settings of file system objects which lost their owners.
- Enhanced reliability when the tool is used under bad conditions, in particular when the operating system is exceeding the maximum number of open communication file handles.
- The application now shows concrete instructions how to resolve specific technical problems when defects of OS X cause the privileged component not to launch correctly.
- Resolved a user interface issue where the topmost entry of the popmenu to control IPv6 support was not refreshed correctly directly after program launch.
- The option to control ACL support for the SMB server had to be removed, because it is no longer working as expected with the latest versions of OS X.