Descriptions for TinkerTool System 4.7
Name: TinkerTool System for Mac
Release Date: 22 Jul 2016
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerToolSys4.html
TinkerTool System 4 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- builtin maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical realworld problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system;
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
What’s New TinkerTool System 4.7
- Added new privacy feature to remove entries for recently shared documents.
- Added new feature to assess the security of signed disk images (for OS X 10.11.5 or later).
- Added new category for reports on high memory usage of processes on the Info pane.
- Reports and log files are now separated more clearly between the local Mac and synchronized iOS devices.
- Enhanced user guidance when rebuilding the Launch Services database.
- Enhanced user guidance when removing the Safe Sleep file on specific portable Macs.
- Most links to external information sources in the user interface and online help are now using encrypted HTTPS communication.
- Fixed a problem where specific files of synchronized iOS devices were shown with an incorrect date for the feature to clean outdated log files.
- Fixed a problem where the evaluation of memory size could be wrong under specific circumstances.
- Prepared application for upcoming operating systems.
- Added support for TinkerTool 6 Preview edition.