Name: TinkerTool System
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerToolSys4.html
TinkerTool System 4 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- features to protect your privacy, e.g. by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Link for more information: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerToolSys4.html
Version 4.6 (Build 160518)
• Added new registration features for licensing with immediate gratification and volume licensing.
• Added new feature to detect a common corruption of the System Integrity Protection of OS X El Capitan which is the reason for a series of system malfunctions.
• Added new feature to show the current hardware setting for System Integrity Protection as part of the Info pane.
• For the German user interface of the ACL pane, details in the wording have been modified to match the changed translations used by Apple in the latest versions of OS X.