Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: Intel 64-bit
RAM minimum: N/A
Video RAM: N/A
Unpack and enjoy.
What's New in Version 3.2.0:
- Manual merging
- Drag and drop entries between safes
- Show entries' groups when searching
Courtesy of C.O.R.E.
Feature-complete password management. Syncs with iPhone and iPad app using iCloud.
Simple & secure password management across devices and computers. pwSafe uses iCloud to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between Macs and iOS devices. It is compatible with open source Password Safe.
List of features:
- iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
- Generates strong passwords
- Print a hardcopy of your data for ultimate security agains data loss
- Copy password with Command + C or P
- Copy username with Command + U
- Copy password and open website with Command + Alt + S
- Double-click to easily copy password
- Lots of other hotkeys (see menus)
- Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
- Fully compatible with pwSafe for iOS and the famous Password Safe version 3.3.2
- Search in all fields (Command + F for faster access)
- Organize entries in groups
- Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
- Full unicode support
- Multiple safes
- Unlimited passwords
- Unlimited password groups
- Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
- Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
- 256-bit encryption
- Fully secure app behavior:
- Clears password from pasteboard after a timeout period, when the computer sleeps or when the app exits (fully configurable).
- Locks safe when the app exits.
- Password is marked with all kinds of "non-persist" flags, so that pasteboard managers don't save or remember it.
Instead of trusting on a single developer security knowledge, pwSafe borrows all its encryption code directly from the famous Password Safe open source password manager (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/).
Password Safe has been originally created by security guru Bruce Schneier and nowadays is maintained by Rony Shapiro. Since it has been around as an open source project for almost a decade now, it has been extensively reviewed by many experts.
More information: http://www.pwsafe.info