Name: Lyrical - Widget for Lyrics and iTunes controls
Release Date: September 19, 2016
Languages: English, Japanese
Developer: Akshay Hegde
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://twitter.com/lyricaltoday
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/lyrical-widget-for-lyrics/id924743736?mt=12
Lyrical is a Notification Center widget, written in Swift, that displays lyrics for the current playing song and various song information including album artwork. The widget lets you control the playback of the song, or set ratings. This is incredibly useful if you are using multiple apps and need quick access to iTunes controls or information.
You can also choose to view or hide the current song's lyrics. You can toggle lyrics with just a click, and Lyrical will elegantly expand and collapse to fit the song lyrics.
Lyrical also features Last.fm integration. Lyrical uses a Menubar app to scrobble (publish), love or ban the playing track. Simply open preferences with Lyrical's menu bar icon and authenticate with Last.fm. Lyrical will automatically scrobble the current playing track, but you can disable this, if you wish.
Lyrical can also show song information and even scrobble Apple Music (streaming or local) if you add the playlist or song to your Library.
* NOTE: Lyrical does not download lyrics to avoid licensing issues (sorry!). It will only display Lyrics if they are embedded into the song, which you can do with iTunes. You can also use a third party app like Get Lyrical (not affiliated with Lyrical) to download and embed lyrics for a song automatically while playing the song with iTunes.
What's New in Version 1.7.0:
- macOS Sierra + iTunes 12.5 support
- Updated to run on Swift 3
- Fixed use of nonstandard fonts on Sierra.
- General improvements and bug fixes