Descriptions for LaunchBar 6.9.2
Released: Nov 29th, 2017
Developer: Objective Development Software GmbH
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.obdev.at
Provides you with an intuitive and very efficient way to quickly access documents, control apps, find files and folders and more
Using hotkeys to navigate your Mac has the potential of significantly improving your overall productivity level. LaunchBar is a Mac app that enables you to access any data stored on your computer by using user friendly keyboard combinations.
Right off the bat, to use LaunchBar you must allows the app to control your computer (in the System Preferences window, navigate to the Security&Privacy panel, and check the LaunchBar box in the Accessibility tab), and set up a hotkey for the app search bar (it is highly probable that the default one will conflict with the Spotlight hotkeys).
Powerful search bar just one kotkey away
LaunchBar indexes the data stored on your Mac and then enables you to launch any file, folder, or application via its main search bar. All you have to do is invoke the LaunchBar window, start typing a keyboard, navigate the results list using the arrow keys, and then select the item you want to open.
The application comes with a collection of actions that can be used to manipulate the data, integrates Automator workflows, contains small text snippets, includes a clipboard history manager, can recognize abbreviations, can perform web searches, and much more.
Personalize the indexing rules
The built-in LaunchBar tools are available at all times, but to be able to quickly access your own documents, the application must scan and index your Mac’s content beforehand.
Via the LaunchBar Index window you get to to specify what type of files and folders get to be included in the search results. The same area allows you to manage the built-in actions, workflows, snippets, and search templates.
Easily accessible search and launch bar for your Mac
LaunchBar combines powerful search functions with a collection of efficient data management tools, in order to provide access to virtually any data stored on your Mac. The best part is that most action can be performed solely via keyboard combinations.
What’s new in LaunchBar 6.9.2 Build 6154
- Updated the built-in ｡｣｡ﾗ｡ｦ･ﾘBrowse Ulysses｡｣｡ﾗ｡ｦ･ﾛ. It now supports the subscription, non-subscription and Setapp versions of Ulysses.
- Added support for LaunchBar Actions to use images stored in an app｡｣｡ﾗ｡ｦ･ﾕs asset catalog (Assets.car file).
- Added support for sending selected text to macOS Sharing Actions that normally only support sending files. You can now AirDrop any text from LaunchBar to another Mac or iOS device.
- Improved 1Password info browsing to allow opening of URLs.
- Fixed Recent Documents of apps not updating on macOS 10.13.
- Fixed an issue where an additional invisible window would be added to the list of LaunchBar｡｣｡ﾗ｡ｦ･ﾕs windows for VoiceOver users on macOS 10.13. This could also cause slowdowns in third-party app and window switchers.
- Fixed an issue where LaunchBar would sometimes steal the active app｡｣｡ﾗ｡ｦ･ﾕs keyboard focus after switching spaces on macOS 10.13.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Calculate MD5/SHA1/SHA256 Checksum actions to not work.
- Fixed LaunchBar causing macOS to ask if you want to download the Osaka font.
- Fixed emoji icons being cut off on macOS 10.12.
- Fixed missing contact images for contact that are stored in multiple accounts.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category