Descriptions for Keyboard Maestro 8.0.4
Name: Keyboard Maestro
Developer: Stairways Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.stairways.com/main/
Comprehensive and lightweight macOS utility designed to make it simple and straightforward to rapidly create custom keyboard shortcut macros
Using keyboard actions to trigger certain functions, launch applications, or navigate between windows can help you improve your productivity level. Keyboard Maestro is a Mac app that enables you to set up various Macro shortcuts according to your own needs.
The clipboard manager and the apps or windows switchers make Keyboard Maestro a complete productivity solution
For your convenience, Keyboard Maestro puts together multiple workflow oriented tools. This way, you can use the app to control the content stored on your clipboard: Keyboard Maestro maintains a clipboard history and even allows you to toggle between multiple named clipboards.
In addition, you can use Keyboard Maestro to quickly navigate between applications and their windows. Usually, these tools come as separate apps, but Keyboard Maestro offers them on top of the Macro capabilities in order to provide a poilished productivity tool.
Define Macros that meet your own needs and use different types of triggers: your imagination is the limit
When you create a new Macro within Keyboard Maestro, you must assign it to a group, give it a name, and designate a trigger: it can be a script (AppleScript, Shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby), or you can select one of those included by default (hotkey, typed string, application, login, engine launch, system wake, time, while logged, macro palette, status menu, public web, mounted volume, USB device, Wireless Network, device, or MIDI).
Naturally, the next step is to assign an action to your Macro: Keyboard Maestro provides a plethora of possible actions that can be launched and you can add as many as you like and combine them any way you see fit.
A comprehensive productivity solution that can improve your efficiency
On the whole, the Keyboard Maestro app provides you with the tools needed to automate certain processes in order to help you deal with repetitive tasks easier.
At the same time, the fact that you can manage your clipboard history, define named pasteboards, and use the Keyboard Maestro functions to quickly switch between windows and apps eliminates the need to install additional productivity enhancing apps.
What’s new in Keyboard Maestro 8.0.4
- Added “increases” and “decreases” options to MIDI controller change trigger
- Support array index for many tokens (eg %TriggerValue%).
- FrontWindow*, Window*, Screen*.
- SystemClipboard, PastClipboard, NamedClipboard, TriggerClipboard.
- TriggerValue, CurrentMouse, FoundImage.
- Added Search & Replace and Count/Find facility to Keyboard Maestro Engine AppleScript dictionary.
- Added Report Updates Only When Editor Activates to General Preferences.
- Added more clipboard flavor exclusions for Microsoft Word to yet again avoid the bookmark link issue.
- Remember Clipboard Switcher Info button setting.
- Detect case where either the Engine or editor is translocated (previously only detected case where both were).
- Fixed an issue where you could not edit some fields in disabled actions.
- Fixed Dictionary Key condition field not saving when you typed in to it.
- Fixed CommandK toggling the Action Selector.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category