Release Date: August 20, 2016
Languages: English, French
Developer: Asar Corporation
MAS Rating: 17+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.asar.com/hogwasher.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/hogwasher/id1000674035?mt=12
Full-featured Usenet newsreader
Threaded discussions- follow complex discussions at a glance with a graphical thread tree display.
Powerful filtering- extensive rule-based filtering to keep what you want and get rid of the garbage.
Multiple server support- download from an unlimited number of primary and backup servers simultaneously.
Effortless file uploading- drag files unto a message window and post properly segmented and encoded binaries with one click.
Integrated image viewing- view pictures directly with built-in image gallery.
Post processing- full support for automatic par2 check and repair, unrar, unzip, and split-file assembly.
What's New in Version 5.08:
- Fixed potential hang at the conclusion of retrieving new headers.
- Fixed hang displaying message window for message not in the currently shown subscription.
- Navigation in message window now enabled even when not in the current subscription.
- Updated message window toolbar icons.
- Subscription searches are no longer restored if the search term consists entirely of whitespace.
- Fixed UI glitch with progress indicator while retrieving headers.
- Fixed problem loading subscriptions containing very large number of newsgroups.
- Expansion state of threads is now preserved after retrieving new headers.
- Fixed parsing of date strings using non-English day of week abbreviations.
- Improved decoding of badly formatted UTF-8 quoted printable subject strings.
- Improved decoding of Asian charsets.
- Sorting messages by size now works correctly.
- New preference to always add nzb files to a user-specified folder.
- Fixed the incorrect wrapping of long lines of quoted text.