Name: Folx Pro
Released: 23rd Sep, 2016
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://mac.eltima.com/download-manager.html
Download manager and torrent client
Eltima Software is thrilled to announce the release of new version of Folx 5.0, their popular download manager for Mac OS X. Folx 5.0 features revised interface and lots of newly added options. Retina displays are supported as well as the latest Mac OS X versions. There are two editions of Folx - Free and PRO. Free Folx is rich with features offering convenient downloads management, smart files organization, quick search for once downloaded files, etc. Free Folx allows splitting downloads in threads, resuming interrupted downloads, adjusting download speed, tagging downloads for convenience, and more.
PRO version of Folx broadens the spectrum of what one can do. Splitting of downloads in up to ten threads, scheduling the downloads, searching for torrents directly from the application, downloading from YouTube, integration with iTunes, and so on. Folx PRO updates add a lot more to download management. Password manager was added to Folx PRO with the ability to automatically save and fill in the passwords on websites you are downloading from. Free version of Folx allows saving login data for two first websites, PRO version is unlimited.
Smart Speed feature now can follow the schedule set up in Folx and will limit the upload/download speed accordingly. Folx as a torrent client got some new options and improvements too. For example Folx PRO now allows narrowing down torrent search results by sorting and filtering them. Also Folx can be set as a default torrent client for files and magnet links.
What's New in Version 5.1.13597:
• Added: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Spanish localizations.
• Added: support for websites requiring web authentication.
• Added: downloading of private and age-restricted videos from YouTube.
• Added: Quick Look support.
• Added: view the torrent search results without sorting.
• Added: the possibility to keep current category after the new download task was added.
• Improved: compact mode is kept on Folx relaunch.
• Improved: password manager got some tuning.
• Improved: links identification and downloading of YouTube videos.
• Fixed: issues with downloading of files with the same name.
• Fixed: occasional crashes when downloading from YouTube.
• Fixed: incorrect downloading of torrents when specific files were selected.
• Fixed: occasional crashes on adding torrent files via magnet links.
• Fixed: issues with maximum ratio setting for torrent seeding.