Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Electrum is an easy-to-use Bitcoin client. It protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin block chain.
・Instant on: Your client does not download the blockchain, it uses a remote server.
・Forgiving: Your wallet can be recovered from a secret seed.
・Safe: Your seed or private keys are not sent to the server. Information received from the server is verified using SPV.
・No downtimes: Several public servers are available, you can switch instantly.
・Ubiquitous: You can use the same wallet on different computers, it will auto-synchronize.
・Cold Storage: You can have secure offline wallets and still safely spend from an online computer.
・Open: You can export your private keys into other Bitcoin clients.
・Tested and audited: Electrum is open source and was first released in November 2011.
・Available for Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android.
# Release 2.6.4 (bugfixes)
* fix coinchooser bug (#1703)
* fix daemon JSONRPC (#1731)
* fix command-line broadcast (#1728)
* QT: add colors to labels
# Release 2.6.3 (bugfixes)
* fix command line parsing of transactions
* fix signtransaction --privkey (#1715)
# Release 2.6.2 (bugfixes)
* fix Trustedcoin restore from seed (bug #1704)
* small improvements to kivy GUI
# Release 2.6.1 (bugfixes)
* fix broadcast command (bug #1688)
* fix tx dialog (bug #1690)
* kivy: support old-type seed phrases in wizard
# Release 2.6
* The source code is relicensed under the MIT Licence
* First official release of the Kivy GUI, with android APK
* The old 'android' and 'gtk' GUIs are deprecated
* Separation between plugins and GUIs
* The command line uses jsonrpc to communicate with the daemon
* New command: 'notify
* Alternative coin selection policy, designed to help preserve user
privacy. Enable it by setting the Coin Selection preference to
* The install wizard has been rewritten and improved
* Support minikeys as used in Casascius coins for private key import
* Much improved support for TREZOR and KeepKey devices:
- full device information display
- initialize a new or wiped device in 4 ways:
1) device generates a new wallet
2) you enter a seed
3) you enter a BIP39 mnemonic to generate the seed
4) you enter a master private key
- KeepKey secure seed recovery (KeepKey only)
- change / set / disable PIN
- set homescreen (TREZOR only)
- set a session timeout. Once a session has timed out, further use
of the device requires your PIN and passhphrase to be re-entered
- enable / disable passphrases
- device wipe
- multiple device support