Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7
Processor type(s) & speed: Intel, 64-bit
RAM minimum: n/a
Video RAM: n/a
Unpack and enjoy.
What's New in Version 1.8
Duplicate Detective now has over 350,000 happy users, making it the most popular app of its kind! Thank you for your continued support. This update includes further optimizations and bug fixes. Please do leave an updated review and we will keep the free updates coming!
- Improved scanning speed
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the app to hang
- Further optimizations for OS X Yosemite
Courtesy of C.O.R.E.
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id686428787
AWARDED MACWORLD 'MAC GEM' 2014 - On Sale: 40% off!
Duplicate Detective is the most comprehensive duplicate finder for your Mac. It quickly scans your hard drive to find all the duplicate files and folders on your Mac. You can then selectively choose which duplicates to delete and free up precious space on your hard drive.
CRISP & CLEAN INTERFACE:
• Intuitive and easy to navigate
• Retina-ready graphics
• Scan individual or multiple folders in one go
• Drag and drop support to add folders before scanning
ROBUST SEARCH ENGINE:
• Files compared via our advanced SHA-1 hash checksum algorithm
• Super fast and accurate duplicate detection algorithms
• Locate duplicate images, audio, archives, entire folders and more
• Support for iPhoto Albums
• Support for external hard drives and network volumes
• Blacklist certain folders to ensure they are never scanned
FILTERING & REMOVAL:
• Filter and sort duplicates depending on their type/size/name/age, etc
• Quick Look support by hitting the spacebar over any duplicate file/folder
• One-click auto selection/deselection of all duplicates for your ease
• Double-check verification screen before deleting duplicates
• Option to enable alias creation to replace duplicates with shortcuts
• By default, duplicates are moved to your Trash, allowing for easy and safe recovery
We've worked hard to make Duplicate Detective as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!