Descriptions for Download Buddy 1.8.5
Name: Download Buddy
Release Date: October 03, 2017
Developer: Ron Elemans
MAS Rating: 17+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (In-app Purchase: Net Radar Add-on)
Courtesy of TNT
Web Site: https://betamagic.nl/products/downloadbuddy.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/download-buddy/id802165887?mt=12
Download Buddy is a sophisticated but extremely easy-to-use Internet-download manager. It supports everything you need for stress-free and reliable downloading and does not disturb you with useless features or meaningless gimmicks.
• Start multiple downloads with just one mouse click.
• Context menu to start your downloads directly from Safari or every other application that allows selecting URL’s. No plugins needed.
• Support for adding URL’s via drag-and-drop.
• Limit the number of simultaneous downloads to keep performance high.
• Pause, restart, cancel and reorder individual or all downloads.
• Restart automatically unfinished downloads when you restart the app.
• Automatic resume of timed out downloads.
• During downloading the app icon shows a badge with the number of unfinished downloads.
• While downloading you can close the main form and let the download manager run in the background.
• Prevents unintended computer sleep while downloading.
• When all downloads are complete, you will see a Notification Center banner.
• Supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols.
• Support for password protected HTTP and HTTPS downloads.
• History form to view your download history, including all cancelled items.
• Restart downloads from your download history.
• Open downloaded files with associated app.
• Full screen and Split screen support.
• Full support for Retina displays.
• Extended web based Help system to get started.
NET RADAR ADD-ON
The Net Radar Add-on is an extension to Download Buddy that can be purchased within the app as an In-app purchase.
• Net Radar monitors the location and other metadata of the public IP address of your Internet connection.
• If you use a VPN connection, then Net Radar can monitor the operational status of your VPN.
• Net Radar automatically stops all downloads when your network status or the connection metadata indicates a non-working VPN connection.
• Includes a Setup Assistant that let you configure Net Radar with a few simple steps.
• The technology is based on the stand-alone Net Radar app.
The Net Radar Add-on monitors the operational status of your VPN connection, based on system events and empirical data.
• The Net Radar Add-on does not include a VPN service.
• The reliability of the Net Radar Add-on depends on a correct configuration.
• The Net Radar Add-on is not able to check whether your connection is encrypted or not.
• Net Radar is not able to detect IPv6 and DNS leaks.
• Download Buddy cannot be used to download YouTube videos embedded in HTML pages.
What’s New in Download Buddy 1.8.5
• Fixes a bug with the ‘Add to Download Buddy’ service.
• Improved resuming of unfinished downloads when restarting the app with Net Radar enabled.
• New setting to use extended link extraction whenever possible.
• New setting to suppress login warnings.