Descriptions for Default Folder X 5.1.6 Final
Name: Default Folder X for Mac
Release Date: 22 Sep 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, “rebounding” to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X’s toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you’re constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you’ve recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you’re still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What’s New in Default Folder X 5.1.6
- Compatible with macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- The Finder-click feature’s “choose the desktop” option now highlights the desktop with “holes” where Finder windows are located.
- You can now enter relative paths for Favorites. If you use a consistent structure for organizing projects, it can be very helpful to set a favorite such as “../images/” to go to an adjacent “images” folder and be able to use the same folder in multiple locations. To enter a relative favorite, choose “Add Path or URL” after clicking the ‘+’ icon in Default Folder X > Preferences > Folders > Favorites.
- Previews for aliases are now displayed correctly, rather than just showing the file’s alias icon.
- Default Folder X no longer adds duplicate tags when you use the macOS-supplied tag field in Save dialogs.
- Fixed a bug that caused unsaved comments or tags to disappear if you switched from a Save dialog to another application and then back to the Save dialog./li>
- Default Folder X’s drawer no longer appears when you enter Time Machine.
- Open and Save dialogs that appear as floating windows instead of normal modal dialogs are now handled correctly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Default Folder X to incorrectly remember the last state of a Save dialog
- Corrected UI glitches in Finder-click when using Default Folder X’s “Minimal Toolbar” appearance
- Icons in the Drop Zone are now loaded when they’re needed, eliminating problems with the icons appearing blank when they can’t be supplied by QuickLook at startup.
- Switching folders using Default Folder X’s menus now works consistently in file dialogs brought up when changing preferences.
- Fixed a problem with Default Folder X getting confused in certain situations when you clicked on an alias in column view
- Eliminated flashing in the user interface when you click on a disclosure triangle in a Save dialog
- Corrected improper scaling of preview images that could occur in some circumstances
- Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking on the sidebar in file dialogs
- Added an API that allows software developers to disable Default Folder X for special file dialogs in their Mac applications
- Added a warning about Tencent’s QQ chat app because it disables DFX’s folder switching feature
- Several memory leaks and potential crashes have been eliminated.
- Updated Default Folder X’s icon
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category