Descriptions for ChronoSync 4.8.1 Rel2
Name: ChronoSync for Mac
Version: 4.8.1 Rel2
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: https://www.econtechnologies.com/chronosync/overview.html
Customizable synchronization and backup solution that is able to automatically copy data between various volumes, or to create bootable backups
Storage disks usually fail, sooner or later, so creating backups for your important files and folders on multiple locations is highly advisable.
ChronoSync is a macOS utility that is able to backup data, synchronize files between devices, or create bootable backups (suitable for backing up entire operating systems).
Effortless to setup synchronization and backup utility featuring a clean and organized design
Finding your way around the ChronoSync main window is fairly intuitive: start by setting up the source and target volumes, and then select the synchronization method and direction from the drop down menu placed in the center of the configuration panel.
ChronoSync is able to work with most volumes connected to your Mac.
Note that you have to synchronize files if you want to have access to them on more than one device: that means that ChronoSync will automatically copy the changes between the two volumes.
Backups, on the other hand, represent a one direction transfer from the source folder to the backup storage location.
Enables you to backup entire operating systems or drives by creating bootable backups
ChronoSync is capable to create a bootable backup of your system on an external drive, or on another internal disk: this way, you will have an exact replica of your system that can be run immediately in case your primary installation breaks down.
In addition, ChronoSync also allows you to store the bootable backup on a remote network location.
On top of all the data handling rules that can be personalized via the ChronoSync panels, the application also enables you to schedule specific tasks, so you can make sure that your data is backed up or synchronized periodically.
Reliable solution for backing up information and synchronizing data between multiple locations
ChronoSync provides versatile solutions for setting up backup and transfer rules between various drives connected to your network.
This way you can work on the same files on multiple devices, or backup important documents on more than one volume.
What’s New in ChronoSync 4.8.1 Rel2
- Full macOS 10.13 High Sierra compatibility
- Added a feature whereby holding OPTION down when selecting a task for any Modifier Assistants will now select/deselect ALL listed tasks
- Added the ability to schedule a free standing task document if no tasks are being tracked in the ChronoSync Organizer window; also, holding the OPTION key down when clicking (+) in the Scheduled Task Manager window then displays the File Chooser to select a free-standing task document
- The user interface animations for all Assistants and the Validator function were reimplemented to work around High Sierra shortcomings
- The ChronoSync Installer and Uninstaller were modified to work around High Sierra bugs
- When creating a bootable backup to an APFS volume, the VM, Preboot and Recovery volume structure in the destination APFS container is constructed
- Added the correct Analyze Panel status icons (for attributes-only syncs) to the online help
- The process of blessing a destination volume in a bootable backup is now more verbose, displaying fine-grain progress to the user and posting relevant errors to the log
- When the Bootable backup assistant is presenting a warning that the destination volume is about to be erased, it checks to see if it is an APFS container with additional data volumes within it; if so, it presents those additional volume names as part of the warning
- The Readiness Warning stating that APFS destination volumes may not be bootable is only reported if APFS volume operations cannot be performed on the destination
- Fixed several bugs associated with the display of Trial Expiration notices when running the application in Trial Mode
- Fixed several bugs associated with performing automatic update checks
- Fixed a memory consumption problem that occurs in kernel_task memory when verifying large files
- Fixed a bug in the Container Editor’s task list whereby user modifications to the width of the Task Name column would not be preserved after closing the document
- Fixed a bug in the ChronoSync Organizer whereby the view that displays each document’s information would not automatically grow with the width of the window
- Fixed a bug that could cause a deadlock between the main ChronoSync application and the ChronoSync Scheduler; under the wrong circumstances they would both wait on the other to obtain access to the scheduled items database
- Fixed a layout bug whereby unusually long task names would scroll off the top of the Scheduled Item Editor window
- Fixed a bug whereby hitting “Test” when multiple Push Receiver IDs were specified, and a space was used to separate the IDs, the test would fail; this existed in the sync task Options panel and the Notifications Assistant
- Fixed a bug whereby in the same scenario above (space between IDs), the Notifications Assistant would not store the Receiver IDs into the modified documents properly
- Enabling Push Notifications in the Notifications Assistant now forces “Only on Errors” setting OFF; previously, it only did this if Push Notifications was OFF and it was turning them ON
- Fixed a bug whereby pausing a running sync wouldn’t necessarily pause it
- Eliminated a specific type of crash that could occur when scrolling through entries in the Trial Sync selector window
- Eliminated some data verification audit messages that were always getting posted to the console
- The Container synchronizer now properly updates the correct duration property on sync completion so that push notifications to ChronoMonitor will contain the correct duration value
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category
Adguard for Mac: version 1.2.xxx (Serbian German, Italian,Spanish,Chinese Traditional, Armenian, Turkish)