Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
New in Version 1.6:
• Implements a stronger security model for encrypted communication with ChronoSync and InterConneX clients.
• Increased performance when using SmartScan.
• Works better with ChronoSync's 'Attempt reconnect on drops' and 'Optimal host routing' features.
• Implemented an all-new Trial Mode evaluation system whereby trial keys can be requested from our server.
• A warning is now generated when ChronoAgent detects that the InterConneX User Path no longer exists.
• Fixed a user/group ID mapping bug where mapping could be temporarily disabled in some circumstances.
• Eliminated some erroneous error messages.
• Stability improvements.
• Fixed a handful of user-interface layout issues.
ChronoAgent is an invisible application that runs silently in the background on a Mac and provides ChronoSync or InterConneX a direct connection to a remote Mac. Think of ChronoAgent as an undercover operative that provides access to a Mac. It provides a much more secure, reliable and higher performance connection than standard file sharing. If you're synchronizing or backing up files between two Macs, ChronoAgent is simply the best way to establish a connection between them.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IT?
USE IT WITH CHRONOSYNC
ChronoAgent allows any other Mac on your network that is running ChronoSync to have full access to the ChronoAgent Mac’s file system. That allows ChronoSync to synchronize files with or backup to/from the ChronoAgent Mac. ChronoAgent provides a direct, unrestricted connection that is safer, faster, and more reliable than Mac OS X's built-in file sharing. You can even create bootable backups over a network to another Mac!
USE IT WITH INTERCONNEX
ChronoAgent allows any iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch on your network to have full access to the ChronoAgent Mac’s file system. In short, it allows you to access files on your Mac from an iDevice. Your iOS device contains limited space but now you can take advantage of your Mac’s disk storage by grabbing any files off your Mac and copying new or modified files back to your Mac. That's a direct connection with no cloud required!
USE IT ACROSS THE INTERNET
ChronoAgent can be configured so that it is accessible across the Internet. This allows you to do cool things like sync the latest changes to a presentation from your desktop at work, to your laptop, while you are at the airport waiting for your flight. You can also use your iPad to access some vacation photos on your home computer, while attending a party down the street. Heck, you could even check on the status of your scheduled syncs while you are on vacation. The possibilities are endless!