Name: Carbon Copy Cloner
Version: 4.1.7 (4285)
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.8 or Later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
RAM minimum: ...
Video RAM: ...
• System items placed in CCC's SafetyNet folder will no longer be impossible to remove when booted from the backup volume (only affects El Capitan users).
• Addressed a scenario in which CCC's email notification would not report the destination volume's stats despite the destination being available during the backup task.
• Implemented a better workaround for the DiskArbitration service being unready to mount a just-unlocked CoreStorage volume. Rather than applying a delay before trying to mount the volume, CCC will now attempt to mount the volume immediately (which works in most cases). If that mount attempt fails, CCC will impose a 15 second delay, then attempt to mount the CoreStorage volume again.
• Fixed a user interface issue affecting Yosemite users, and only the German, Spanish, and Italian localizations in which the progress bar in the mini progress window would occasionally disappear.
• Addressed an issue in which CCC could crash on launch immediately after applying a CCC update.
• Fixed a bug that could cause the backup task to fail with a message asking the user to report the problem.
• Fixed an issue in which the file flags on some system files were not getting preserved when using the "Find and replace corrupted files" option.
• Fixed an issue in which sparse disk image compaction would fail if the disk image was encrypted.
• Addressed an issue in which CCC would errantly report that it was unable to unmount the destination volume.
Block outgoing connections with Little Snitch or Hands Off!
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!