Name: Carbon Copy Cloner for Mac
Release Date: May 11th, 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K'ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://bombich.com/
• Mount image
• Run the installer
• Register any data
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
What's New in Version 4.1.13:
- Addressed an issue introduced in an upcoming update to Sierra in which CCC was unable to mount recovery volumes to determine their OS versions.
- Improved the sanity check that CCC imposes when responding to a system clock change notification. The previous sanity check that we had imposed was not sufficiently avoiding rescheduling tasks when the system clock was changed to 2040 and then back to a sane time.
- Minor improvements to the CCC command-line utility.
- Addressed an issue in which CCC would errantly mark tasks as suspended on systems with exceptionally slow startup disks.
- Fixed a logic issue that could cause a backup task to appear stalled in the "Creating an archive of the Recovery HD" phase in cases where the source recovery volume could not be unmounted.
- Addressed a race condition that could occasionally cause CCC's helper tool to crash upon launch. While this was uncommon, it could occasionally lead to corruption of CCC's keychain if that keychain was getting created upon loading the helper tool.