Name: Quiver: The Programmer's Notebook
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of Chris
Release Date: November 17, 2015
What's New in Version 3.0
Quiver 3 brings Quiver to a new level.
New Themes - The new Dark theme and Spacegray theme don’t just look gorgeous, they are much easier on your eyes in low-light conditions.
Design Your Own Theme - Quiver 3 lets you design your own UI theme. Every UI detail is customizable.
Preview in the Main Window - You spend more time reading your notes than writing them. With Quiver 3, the note preview is integrated into the main window, so you can browse all your beautifully rendered notes with ease.
Side-by-Side Preview - When editing Markdown or LaTeX, the side-by-side preview comes in handy. Edit on one side and see a live preview on the other. Also, the two sides are synchronized when you scroll (can be turned off from the View menu).
Main Window Layout - The main window now supports three layouts: one pane, two panes, and three panes. You can easily toggle between them using the layout dropdown or keyboard shortcuts.
Redesigned Sidebar - The new sidebar is more compact and useful. The new “Library” section provides easy access to recent notes and favorites.
Inbox - Jot down your notes quickly and organize them later. New notes are automatically saved to Inbox.
Redesigned Full-Text Search - The global full-text search now displays search results in a separate table so it doesn’t interfere with your note browsing. Search results can be sorted by title, relevancy or updated date. You can also search within a notebook using the search field at the bottom of the note list.
Diagram Cell - Quiver 3 comes with a new cell type: Diagram Cell. Supports both sequence diagrams and flowcharts.
Global Hotkeys - With Quiver 3, you can assign global hotkeys to bring Quiver to front, create a new note, and search notes.
Improved Printing Support - Printing support has been significantly improved in Quiver 3. You can also export a notebook or notes directly to PDF.
Multi-Note Operations - Select multiple notes from the note list, and you will see an interface for multi-note operations: copy note links, duplicate notes, export notes, start presentation, edit tags, etc.
Evernote Importer - Quiver 3 lets you import notes from Evernote. Simply export your Evernote notebook/notes to an .enex file, then import it into Quiver. All the images and file attachments are properly imported, too.
Speed Improvements - Quiver 3 launches even faster than previous versions. Many under-the-hood improvements have been made to keep Quiver lightweight and efficient.
Other Features and Improvements
· Jump to another notebook or tag (cmd+j)
· Set different sorting criteria for different notebooks. You can still set a default sorting order in the preferences.
· Sort notes in a notebook manually by drag and drop
· Compact note list style
· Automatically reorder the note list after changing note titles
· Automatically reorder notebooks after changing notebook names
· Remember a note’s undo history throughout the whole app session
· Find text in preview
· Inline code styles in text cells
· Revamped web link insertion in text cells
· Formatting controls and keyboard shortcuts now work in Markdown cells
· Fenced code blocks are now syntax highlighted in the preview
· Multi-line LaTeX equations now work in Markdown cells
· Added an option in the context menu to open an attached image in an external editor
· Use cmd+shift+enter to create a new cell above the current cell.
· Use the Ace static highlighter to render code cells in exported HTML
· Added syntax highlighting support for Stata
· Added a new code cell theme: Script Editor
· Improved AppleScript syntax highlighting
· Added an option to export a note/notebook in plain text
· When exported to Markdown, text cells are now converted with a text-to-Markdown converter: unmarked.
· Use the escape key to move focus from the note list to the sidebar
· Now you can reopen the main window after closing it
Quiver is a notebook built for programmers. It lets you easily mix text, code and Markdown within one note, edit code with an awesome code editor, live preview Markdown and LaTeX cells, and find any note instantly via the full-text search.
## An Awesome Code Editor
The programmer's notebook should make code editing effortless. Quiver packs the awesome ACE code editor in code cells, with syntax highlighting support for more than 110 languages, over 20 themes, automatic indent and outdent, and much more.
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/app/quiver-programmers-notebook/id866773894