Name: OmniFocus 2
Release Date: May 02, 2017
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Developer: The Omni Group
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnifocus/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/omnifocus-2/id867299399?mt=12
Live a productive, contextual life with OmniFocus 2 for Mac. Keep work and play separated with contexts, perspectives, and Focus. Ignore the irrelevant, focus on what you can do now, and accomplish more. And do it all much faster than before.
OmniFocus' interface was designed and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iOS and Apple Watch).
OmniFocus 2 features everything you need to seriously get stuff done:
• Reliable sync with NEW push triggering using our free service or your own server. Keep your entire database at your fingertips by syncing with OmniFocus for iOS and Apple Watch (available from the App Store as a separate purchase).
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Customizable Layout: Choose a fluid view that automatically shows and hides fields as needed, or use Custom Columns for scannable, tabular lists.
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• NEW Customize OmniFocus' look with the colors and fonts of your choosing.
• Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Collect from anything that can send email—Omni Sync Server’s Mail Drop adds items directly to your OmniFocus Inbox
• Attach (or link to) important reference material.
• Open the Forecast perspective to see your due items for each day alongside events from your OS X Calendar.
• The Review perspective (NEW IN 2) makes sure nothing falls through the cracks.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App Purchase and free to customers who purchased OmniFocus 1 from the Mac App Store:
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's home screen.
• AppleScript support enables all kinds of cool workflows.
• Focus feature lets you block out stuff that isn't immediately actionable.
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
For more information, please watch the video on our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and get more done.
What's New in Version 2.9.1:
OmniFocus 2.9 introduces a new attachment storage and sync system. To migrate to the new system you’ll need to be running OmniFocus 2.19 or later on all of your iOS devices and OmniFocus 2.9 or later on all of your Macs. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new system, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
OmniFocus 2.9.1 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Archive — Fixed a problem where archiving immediately after migrating to v2.9’s new database format would fail.
• Attachment List — The “Added” column for parent rows (the attachments themselves) now correctly displays the date an attachment was added.
• Sync — Fixed a problem where OmniFocus didn’t recognize that an error returned by NGINX (that OmniFocus’ data/ directory hadn’t been created yet) was recoverable. OmniFocus should once again be able to sync to NGINX WebDAV servers without a workaround.
• Crash — Fixed a crash that was new in v2.9.
• Crash — Fixed a crash with attachment preview generation that was the eventual result of a transient bug during our 2.9 test period.
• Sync Preferences — OmniFocus now warns you about possible data loss when disabling sync.
• Sync Errors — Updated the error message that appears when OmniFocus is unable to overwrite one of its own files on the server. This is a problem currently affecting customers syncing using Jianguoyun (坚果云).
• Localizations — Updated localizations.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.