Name: iA Writer
Release Date: August 11, 2016
Developer: iA Labs GmbH
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Web Site: https://ia.net/writer/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/ia-writer/id775737590?mt=12
“Beautiful and simple” ***** The Guardian
“Everything goes away except for the writing experience” ***** Stephen Fry
“Writer has out-innovated Apple” ***** Fast Company
Best of App Store 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
# Unmatched Writing Experience
iA Writer is designed to provide the best digital writing experience: Keep your hands on the keyboard and your mind in the text.
# Swipe Right to Library
iA Writer now comes with an integrated library for all your documents. With a swipe to the right you have easy access to all your texts in one place.
# Swipe Left to Preview
With synchronized scrolling Preview, iA Writer consciously separates form and content. It optimizes plain text writing while offering stellar formatted export—with world class typography.
# Focus Mode and Syntax Control
iA Writer is famous for offering a deeper focus on your text. Its unique tools improve your writing style by honing your concentration: One sentence at a time, or by highlighting different parts of speech.
# All Your Documents on All Your Devices
With seamless Dropbox and iCloud sync, iA Writer keeps your documents safe and at hand on whatever device you are using when inspiration strikes.
- Integrated document Library
- Synchronized scrolling Markdown Preview
- Beautiful Preview templates with curated fonts
- Add your own custom templates too
- Focus Mode fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Convert formatting to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML and beautifully styled PDF
- Share drafts to Medium and WordPress
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Real-time iCloud and Dropbox sync
- Reading Time; plus sentence, word, and character count
- Customized for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Full screen for total immersion in the text
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you…
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 3.2.3:
# Added WordPress Site Picker
WordPress users with more than one site can now choose where to share.
# Choose Sort Order in Library
- Newest or Oldest on Top for Date Modified
- A–Z or Z–A for file Name and Kind
- Access in View > Sort Files By, Right Click in Library > Sort By
# Other Improvements
- Hotfix for docx import and Copy Formatted functionality
- Double-click Preview separator to reset width to half
- Improved empty link, footnote, and citation appearance in Editor
- Allowed files of unknown type to be opened from Terminal and via Option-Command drag to Dock
- Set default folder in titlebar popover to accord with the currently visible folder in the Library (for New in Library)
- Restored backgrounds for code in PDFs
- Fixed an issue where online images were not rendered in PDFs
- Fixed crashes in documents with empty table captions
- Started counting compound hyphenated words as one
# Recent Improvements
- Custom Templates to preview, create PDFs, and print documents in your own style
- Insert with page breaks `+++` on an empty line
- Print and export PDFs with a title page
If you like the updates, please leave us a rating on the Mac App Store. It helps a lot.
We’re always listening to your feedback on Twitter @iAWriter.