Name: iA Writer
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10 or higher
Switched to standard document application model where all windows are the same.
Improved new document shortcuts.
⌘N creates a new document window which will be automatically saved to Library.
⇧⌘N creates a new document in the current window which will be automatically saved to Library.
⌥⌘N creates a new document which, when closed, will ask you where it should be saved.
You can change these shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts.
Added sentence navigation shortcuts: ⌥⌘LeftArrow and ⌥⌘RightArrow.
Empty folders can be created and are shown in Library.
Added new methods to move a items out of a folder.
Press left arrow while dragging.
Drag to the left edge of the library then hold or force click on El Capitan.
Switched to system font for titlebars, toolbars, and Library on El Capitan.
Added swipe to delete in Library on El Capitan.
Fixed an issue where extension was hidden when documents were saved. Your extension visibility preference is now used.
Increased default and large text sizes.
Fixed issues with nested ordered lists in templates.
Fixed an issue where libraries in inactive documents did not update sort options until reopened.
Prevented footnote return character from being rendered as emoji on some devices.
Fixed an issue where Dropbox documents could be closed after being created.
Courtesy of TNT Team
“Beautiful and Simple” – The Guardian
“Out-innovated Apple” — Fast Comapany
“I am in love" - Michel Chabon
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Convert Markdown to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Auto Markdown subtly formats your text on-screen without taking your hands off the keyboard
- Focus Mode helps you write one sentence at a time, one thought at a time
- Reading Time tells you how long it takes to read your text
A better tool doesn’t make a better craftsman, but a good tool makes working a pleasure.
- Focus Mode
- Full Screen
- Auto Markdown
- Reading Time, plus word and character count
- Custom typeface, carefully set for optimal readability
- Easy-to-find strong blue cursor
- Real-time iCloud sync with folder support
- Ready for Retina displays
- Formatted HTML preview
- Markdown ⇄ Microsoft® Word .docx converter
1. Writer has no settings: with Writer you cannot fumble with fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin alphabet languages plus Chinese, Japanese, Greek, and Russian are officially supported (no Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc. support… yet).
3. Writer uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md, in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit www.iawriter.com for information about Writer
- Visit support.iawriter.com for articles, support and discussion
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you!
— Information Architects Inc.
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id775737590