Name: Desk MD
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10 or higher
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/desk-md-markdown-powered-blogging/id1035349289?mt=12
What's New in Version 1.3
Whoa! Desk PM was Featured by Apple in the "Get Productive" Yearly Sale! Sweet!
Oh, and here's an update on this version... :P
- WordPress REST API! This is a big-deal folks as this should increase security and is the future of WordPress-related publishing! Thanks for hanging in there on this one!
- Formatted lists don't paste
- Invalid HTML on export
- Validation for empty name for Squarespace blog
- Less options stay on publish screen.
- Post formats in tumblr are absent.
- Links on Preview screen are opened in the same window.
- Redirect on authorization fro tumblr / blogger / wp self-hosted.
- All blog icons are mixed between each other.
- Selection in WP categories migrates randomly after scrolling.
- Parser error within WP authorization.
- App crashes after posting to Self-Hosted WordPress.
- Text is not centered by height in tags.
- Image rotating on click.
- Nested (un)ordered lists are not rendered on Preview.
- Unordered list became part of ordered list on Preview.
- No 'mouse over' state for several button in drafts/posts lists.
- App crashes within exit.
- Blank icon in title of window.
- App starts with blocked editor.
- Return under table moves table down.
- Right panel hangs in closed state
- Title blinks while typing
- Copy link to clipboard feature doesn't work
Desk MD is the FIRST desktop blogging client that is exclusively designed with Markdown in mind!
Built intentionally and specifically for writers, bloggers, and content creators who are passionate about the text-to-HTML conversion syntax that is Markdown, it is the only native blogging app of its kind!
Based on the award-winning "Best App of 2014" (Desk PM), you'll get all the features and functionality **without** the intrusion of a WYSIWYG editor and UI.
I hope you love it as much as you love Markdown!
Are you looking for the original Desk PM (Publishing Machine) or Desk NT (Notetaking)? You can find those here:
• Desk PM: http://bit.ly/desk-pm
• Desk NT: http://bit.ly/desk-nt
Full Feature List:
Desk was built with the writer and blogger in mind and designed to create an unobtrusive experience that helps you focus on what matters most: Content creation.
You can then take that content and publish directly to your blog! We currently support the following publishing platforms:
• WordPress (self-hosted and .com)
• Blogger / Blogspot
• Squarespace (Post via Email)
• Facebook Notes
## Focused Writing Experience ##
Focus on what matters the most and remove everything else.
• Clean, simple, and a true distraction-free interface
• Typewriter Mode for the serious focus
• Themes and styles including font treatments, style, size, and column width
• Markdown only!
• Shortcuts for maximum speed (Formatting, Publishing, and more)
• Assortment of writing modes and visual styles (Full-Screen, Transparency, Day & Night, Font and Text Treatments, Responsive Layouts, Floating)
## Sync & Backup ##
Whether you're on the go or connected to a fiber line you'll be ready when inspiration strikes.
• Save your work locally with powerful "Offline" mode
• iCloud integration for maximum portability
• Automatic backups (Autosave) while you write (iCloud and Offline)
## Powerful Publishing ##
Publish your work to multiple blogs, platforms, and more. Edit existing posts with ease!
• Access, edit, and update existing posts and drafts
• Schedule posts for later publishing
• Post Formats for WordPress and Tumblr
• Drag-and-drop images, add captions
• Support for embedded media (YouTube, Vimeo and more coming soon)
• Integration with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, Evernote, and Facebook Notes
• Custom features for each publishing platform (e.g. Featured images, categories, tags, custom slugs/URLs, labels, and more)
• "Quick Publishing" for even greater speed
• Preview mode with real-time updating
## Organization & Utility ##
Your content, your way.
• Intuitive new Preview Mode
• Real-time meta information (Character and word count, Time to Read, Writing Mode)
• Search and replace, dictation, spelling, grammar, and more
• Powerful use of native OS X capabilities
• Export as HTML, RTF, PDF, DOCX, TXT, MD
## Support & Community ##
We want to hear from you (seriously)! Especially how you are using Desk to publish your great stories!