Release Date: May 29, 2016
Developer: Sonny Software, LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
More information: http://www.sonnysoftware.com/download/download.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/bookends/id418034250?mt=12
***** CNET "Editor's Pick" for Reference Software and rated "Outstanding" by CNET editors.
Reference management entails the collection, annotation, and citation of published information. Bookends greatly simplifies these tasks.
Bookends performs Internet searches to retrieve references and associated pdfs from PubMed, Amazon, Google Scholar, JSTOR, Web of Science, and hundreds of university libraries (some sites may require access privileges and ip authentication). Immediately find and import references for which you already have the pdf.
Versatile groups (static, smart, and virtual), Term Lists (keywords, authors, etc.), reference cross-linking (links), multiple notecards per reference, tag clouds, and near-instantaneous live searches help organize and find information in your personal collection. Highly configurable displays let you view the reference information and attachments the way you want.
Scan your word processor documents to create publication-ready manuscripts complete with bibliographies and footnotes. Bookends is compatible with Word (2011 and 2016), Mellel, Apple Pages '08, ‘09, and 5, Nisus Writer Pro, Manuscripts, LibreOffice/OpenOffice 4, and any application that can save RTF files.
Sync your library, including pdfs, with Bookends On Tap (available separately for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the App Store).
Whether you are a student or professional, in the sciences or humanities, Bookends will help you every step of the way as you search for information, collect and analyze results, and put together your own work for submission or publication.
Click on the link below to visit Sonny Software, read about Bookends in more detail, see it in action in video tutorials.
What's New in Version 12.7.1:
• Fixed an issue where a Rebuilt synced library would perform an unnecessary cloud sync when it was closed.
• Fixed a problem where a DOI in a PDF could be mistakenly found on PubMed and the wrong metadata imported.
• Fixed a spurious error that could occur when checking for a new version.
• Fixed a bug that could cause an error when syncing with Bookends On Tap.
• Fixed an error message that could appear after doing an autocomplete paper using Web of Science.
• Fixed multiple issues with Bookends Server.
• Fixed an issue where reference sync status was included when copying a reference from one library to another.
• Fixed a bug where Autofill From Internet could increment the disambiguating letter in the Key field if BibTeX was enabled.
• The date modified will not be changed when dragging a reference from one library to another.
• Fixed a bug that could cause an error when using Global Change -> Modify PDF Tags.
• Fixed a bug that in rare cases could cause a spurious number to be added to a citation date during disambiguation when formatting.
• Fixed an issue where importing many references from the watch folder using a slow Internet connection could have unpredictable consequences.
• Fixed a bug where drags from a Term List were not being displayed in the reference field.
• Fixed several bugs dealing with formatting metatypes.
• Super- and subscripts will render properly when sending a bibliography to disk as styled text.