Name: App Pier - Fast App Launcher & Switcher
Release Date: May 18, 2017
Developer: Zafer ARICAN
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: K'ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://zaferarican.wordpress.com/app-pier
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/app-pier-fast-app-launcher-switcher/id1179807827?mt=12
App Pier is a keyboard-friendly application launcher and switcher with strong Touch Bar support
With App Pier, you can:
* launch any app or switch between your favorite and running apps instantly using keyboard and touch bar.
* save screen space by hiding the MacOS dock as App Pier will let you launch and switch apps with keyboard shortcuts and touch bar.
* develop muscle memory in keyboard when using with Touch Bar as you can pin your favorite apps in App Pier and reorder them to your taste. Your app buttons will always be at the same position.
* control window behavior of an app without switching first to it. You can hide/unhide window of that app, hide windows of other apps, or show all windows
* open your favorite folders rapidly
* You can see and open running apps together with your pinned apps.
* You can launch any application from Application Folder. You can search apps and while searching both menubar items and Touch Bar items will update simultaneously. Space key is the keyboard shortcut for search.
* You can open your favorite folders. You can reach them from "Finder" item in menubar window with right-click or from "Finder" icon in Touch Bar with long-press
* It resides in menubar so that you can reach it anytime even another app is in fullscreen mode.
* It also lets you reach your running and pinned apps from any display in a multi-display setup.
* You can open the app with Cmd + Option + Tab keyboard shortcut. You can customize keyboard shortcut.
* You can select an app by simply start typing its name. Even first letter is enough most of the case to select the app.
* When selected you can perform
* Keep in / Remove From App Pier
* Hide / Unhide
* Hide Others
* Show All . There is a keyboard shortcut for each.
* The app list also lets you use drag & drop with mouse / trackpad to reorder or remove the app.
* Running apps are denoted with a dash in menu bar window and a brighter button on Touch Bar.
*It is available in both normal and dark mode.
Note: You need a Macbook Pro with Touch Bar to view Touch Bar items.
For more updates:
Tweets by AppPier%MINIFYHTMLb34584e30bed562021bd981f304c9ab47%What's New in Version 1.4.5:
Minor bug fixes and improvements