Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Link for more information: https://www.youtube.com/user/The2DoApp
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/2do/id477670270?mt=12
What's New in Version 2.2:
This update is jam-packed with goodies:
NOTE: “thisweek" search preset, which searched for both tasks due and scheduled this week, has been deprecated in favor of new ones that allow for greater flexibility. Please see note below. Instead, please use “anythisweek”.
* FEATURE: Paused Tags (available on iOS v3.8+). Please note, paused tags will need to be manually paused on multiple devices if not syncing over Dropbox. More here: http://www.2doapp.com/blog
* NEW: An option to exclude scheduled tasks from date range and dynamic date searches (accessible from tapping Search Options > Include Scheduled).
* NEW: New sort option: by modified date
* NEW: Preferences > Appearance > Advanced > Today > Include ‘Still Working On’ tasks. This is ON by default (to match current behavior). Turn this OFF to hide stuff that was scheduled without a due date, and it’s start date/time is now in the past.
* NEW: Preferences > Advanced > Default Due Date; this can now optionally be excluded from Quick Entry
* NEW: Brand new search presets to search for due dates, start dates or any dates: “duetoday”, “duetomorrow", “duethisweek”, “starttoday”, “starttomorrow”, “startthisweek”, “anytoday”, “anytomorrow", “anythisweek”. You can use these by in the search field as e.g.: “type: startthisweek AND !duethisweek”.
* NEW: Three more search presets to search for stuff you’ve done today, yesterday and this week: “donetoday”, “doneyesterday”, “donethisweek”. Example of usage: “type: donetoday OR doneyesterday”.
* NEW: A new URL scheme that allows you to perform quick searches without having to create a smart list each time. Helpful if you’re a fan of automation. Remember, parameter values need to be URL encoded, e.g. of searching for “tags:call” = “twodo://x-callback-url/search?text=tags%3Acall”
* NEW: A new parameter added to the existing ‘add’ URL scheme (for automation, or usage with 3rd party apps) that allows you to pick a Project / Checklist to add tasks to. You can now supply a “&forParentName=Project Name” to the URL to add the task to. More details on www.2doapp.com/kb/
* NEW: Search Presets Rule builder updated with new presets
* NEW: Preferences > Appearance > “Show completed tasks” settings have changed. Two new settings added for: 1 minute and 5 minutes
* IMPROVEMENT: Paused Projects and Checklists now pause their sub-tasks as well
* IMPROVEMENT: Font is now the gorgeous Sanfrancisco throughout.
* IMPROVEMENT: Estimate in editor of when it's due now no longer rounds down. Will show: Due in 1hr 35m
* IMPROVEMENT: Estimates such as “Due in 1 day”, “Due in 2 days” cause less mental math / friction and use phrases such as “Due Tomorrow” or “Due Tuesday” (if under a week)
* IMPROVEMENT: Sorting by task title now strips any accents on the letter before considering them for a sort. Also fixed unicode normalization bug for “łŁ”
* IMPROVEMENT: When Sorting by Tags, Paused tasks now appear in their own category
* IMPROVEMENT: Copying a completed task now copies the completed date as well
* IMPROVEMENT: When “Friendly dates” are ON (the default), a count-down style date is shown for up to 45 days (instead of 14 days). Gets rid of the likes of “March 21st”, which is difficult to digest.
* IMPROVEMENT: Alerts are now ignored for paused tasks
* IMPROVEMENT: Hitting the return key when editing a due date / start date now hides the date picker
* IMPROVEMENT: Fixed alerts set on checklist sub-tasks are now moved forward along with the parent checklist task once it’s completed, while keeping the same delta between dates.
* IMPROVEMENT: When entering a tag and a single tag name is auto-completed, hitting tab now completes the word instead of sending focus to the notes area
* IMPROVEMENT: When “Include Starred Items” is ON, tasks starred in lists that have been excluded from Today are now also included (to better match the users expectation)
* IMPROVEMENT: Copy / Pasting completed tasks now include the list name as well. Will help in journaling.
** App Store Best of 2013 **
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Email to 2Do plugin, available in the iOS app
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time