Name: Photo Mechanic
Version: 5.0 (16960)
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.6.8 or higher
• Fixed error occurring after pincode submit when trying to connect with 500px Uploader.
• Fixed an error with loading ICC profiles that were malformed.
• Fixed a bug with the background image container being resized when the Image Scaling option is set to None. (PMSlideShow exporter template)
• Fixed issue when saving from various dialogs (IPTC Info, IPTC Stationery Pad) where one could not pick a filename correctly and no error would be reported.
• Fixed an issue when emailing photos via Apple Mail Address when not reviewing the message before sending. NOTE: the message will still be visible but will send once it is composed. This is a bug in Apple Mail. Photo Mechanic is specifically telling Apple Mail Address to keep the message hidden.
• Image Capture configuration is no longer possible so Photo Mechanic will offer to show a tutorial web page that will show you how to configure Image Capture manually.
• The Edit Have Photos command on the Image menu now gathers up selected images based on the editor used to edit them rather than gathering selected images by their file type. Should help keep This images of differing types (JPEGs, NEFs, CR2s) together when they're all set to be edited by the same editor application.
• Fixed an issue that would keep left mouse clicks on color class widgets from activating the color class contextual popup menu on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan.)
Courtesy of TNT Team
Photo Mechanic is a photographer's image browser tool. It is the answer for professional digital photographers looking for a fast and easy-to-use image browser for digital camera files. Photo Mechanic's innovative batch captioning, renaming, speedy browsing, and Photoshop connectivity features have made it the choice of thousands of photojournalists and professional photographers worldwide. Optimized for use with professional cameras from Nikon, Canon, Olympus and Pentax, Photo Mechanic has become the standard tool for digital image browsing.
Photo Mechanic is a standalone image browser that lets you view your digital photos with convenience and speed. Photo Mechanic displays the "thumbnails" of photos on a camera disk or folder in familiar "contact sheet" display windows. You can quickly rotate, preview, copy, delete, tag, rename, and add caption / keyword (IPTC news record) information to photos both individually and in batches. Photo Mechanic helps you find the best photo amongst several similar shots with its preview display that lets you flip through a group of selected photos at high resolution. Photo Mechanic can then pass the photos you select on to Adobe Photoshop for image retouching.
Photo Mechanic's unique Image Variable technology unleashes the power of metadata. Metadata can be information saved with each photo such as image capture data or IPTC fields, or other information like the current date and time. Standard image capture data like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focal length can be accessed through "variables" and tucked-away in any IPTC field such as the caption. You can also use variables representing the current or capture time, date, or frame number, for example, for file renaming purposes. IPTC fields can be extracted using variables for use in renaming - even the filename variable can be placed in an IPTC field. One important variable called the sequence variable can be used for sequential naming or to serialize certain IPTC fields. In all, Photo Mechanic has more than 60 variables that enable customized workflows for captioning and renaming photos. The possibilities are endless!
Photo Mechanic can also print contact sheets and export HTML for Web pages. You can control the layout and size of your thumbnails, and even use Photo Mechanic's image variables to customize the text for thumbnail titles and page headers or footers, making Photo Mechanic one of the most flexible tools available for formatting your output.
More info: http://www.camerabits.com/learn-more/