Name: Nikon Camera Control Pro
Released: November 22nd, 2016
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8.5 or later (compatible with Sierra)
Web Site: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/software/control_pro2/
This software remotely controls most functions of Nikon digital SLRs from a computer that is connected via USB cable or through wired or wireless LAN using a wireless transmitter. Advanced functions of the new Nikon D3 and D300 such as Viewer for preview and selection of images prior to transfer to a computer, Liveview function and Picture Control System are supported. It also supports workflows of Nikon’s exclusive photofinishing software Capture NX (optional) and browser and viewer software ViewNX.
• Most settings of Nikon digital SLRs, that are connected via USB cable, such as exposure mode, shutter speed and aperture can be controlled remotely from a computer. Wired or wireless LAN is also available when using a wireless transmitter.
• In addition to direct transfer of images from a camera to a computer, all procedures from shooting to saving images are smoothly processed.
• Enhanced viewer function enables thumbnail display of images stored in a computer.
Compatible with the new functions of the Nikon D3/D300
• Images in a camera buffer can be confirmed with thumbnail or preview display on a computer prior to transferring, enabling deletion of unnecessary images. This remarkably increases efficiency.
• Supporting the Liveview mode (Hand-held mode and Tripod mode) of the D3 and D300, it permits adjustment of focus point and shutter release while confirming the image on a computer. In Tripod mode, focal-plane contrast AF on a desired point within a specific area is possible.
• It also supports Picture Control System of the cameras. Picture Control parameters can be selected and adjusted on a computer, and custom curves (tone compensation data) can be created and registered
• 51-point AF can be controlled and displayed.
• Fine tuning of the new white balance is available.
Integration with other Nikon software
• Support for ViewNX browser and viewer software
• Support for Capture NX photo-finishing software
What's New in Version 2.24.0:
• Added support for the D5600.
• Added support for Custom Setting d3: Limit release mode selection on D5 cameras.
• The lens type (G, E, D, etc.) for lenses mounted on an FT1 is no longer included in the lens name when a Nikon 1 V3 camera is connected.
• Fixed an issue that resulted in type E lenses mounted on Nikon digital SLR cameras being listed as type G.
• Added support for macOS Sierra version 10.12.