Name: News Explorer
Release Date: December 30, 2016
Developer: Ron Elemans
MAS Rating: 17+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT.
Web Site: https://betamagic.nl/products/newsexplorer.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/news-explorer/id1032670789?mt=12
News Explorer is a powerful yet remarkably easy-to-use newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
• News Explorer syncs your subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS engine.
• Clean, 100% native, stylish and distraction-free user interface
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
◦ Default: carefully designed light coloured interface
◦ Dark: useful ’night mode’ interface
◦ System: based on standard system colours and controls
◦ YinYang: combines dark sidebar with light toned interface
• Split View support
• Full Screen support
• Smart filters
◦ Latest News: all news items of the last 2 days
◦ Unread News: all unread news
◦ Favorites: all news items marked as favorite
• Read your news offline
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one click to the original content
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Full keyboard navigation
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Add new RSS feeds manually or use the built-in search feature
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s
• Group your subscriptions by using folders
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites.
• Support for enhanced arrow key navigation with auto expand and collapse of the sidebar and the built-in browser.
• With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
• With Force click, you can easily perform frequently used actions on selected news items.
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes in the news items list.
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite).
• Opened items can be set automatically to read, immediately or after a custom period.
• Set all items within a filter or feed as read with one click, with an option to ask for confirmation above a particular number of unread messages.
• News item links can be opened in the built-in browser based on the Safari-view controller, or as external URL which includes support for external apps.
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine.
• And much more
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF and ATOM news feeds
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Touch Bar
• Force Touch
• Swift 3.0
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via email@example.com.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
What's New in Version 1.4.2:
• Improved iCloud sync performance for macOS 10.12 users
• Fixed a date issue with some feeds
• Improved iCloud cleaning operation
• Implemented caching for subscription icons
• Added support for mailto: links in the article viewer
• Opening invalid links in the article viewer will no longer end in a crash of the app
• Reader view supports now a wider range of websites
• Implemented persistent sorting
• Popup menu for adding new subscriptions via the + button has been improved
• Solves an issue with disabling the search box in the timeline view when an empty search result was presented
• Solves an issue with switching between list view and timeline view with a changed search field value
• Fixed a non working Delete command of the Folder menu