Release Date: November 11, 2016
Developer: Paul Sanders
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-Activation (install and play)
Courtesy of The Shark
Web Site: http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/vinylstudio/id416577433?mt=12
Digitise your records and tapes. The easy way to convert your records and tapes to digital format and CD. Includes a full set of sound cleaning filters.
- split recordings into tracks
- clean up your recordings (declick, dehiss, etc)
- burn audio and MP3 CDs
- save your tracks, properly tagged, in a variety of formats
- look up track listings and album art over the Internet
- integrates with the iTunes music library
You won't find an easier or more effective way to digitize your audio.
What's New in Version 8.8.2:
▪ Compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra
▪ VinylStudio can now embed ID3 tags in WAV files as well as the older INFO tag. ID3 tags are read by a wider variety of players (including VLC and Windows Media Player).
▪ VinylStudio now remembers upto 5 custom 'When saving tracks, name them as' strings in the Settings / Preferences dialog, allowing you to switch between them quickly and easily if you need to.
▪ If you recorded your album sides in the wrong sequence (typically side 2 and then side 1), you can correct this by dragging the recorded files around in the list in the Record or Split Tracks dialog.
▪ The size of the recording buffer is now configurable from 1 to 60 seconds (in the Recording Options dialog).
▪ Fix error 403 searching Music Brainz. You may still encounter error 503's at busy times, but if so just retry.
▪ Fix inability to handle some MP3 files containing Unicode ID3 tags
▪ Fix Discogs searches for artists containing a hyphen.
▪ Search the 'MP3 Downloads' index in the Amazon databases as well as the existing Music index. This contains more track listings and (usefully) puts in track break markers for you.
▪ When normalising, VinylStudio now does not scan the leadin or leadout parts of the recording (provided that you define track breaks first).
▪ VinylStudio can now handle upto 30 album sides per album (up from 20).
▪ You can now add additional albums to your collection while recording.
▪ The rumble filter now has a setting to perform just DC offset correction.
▪ When importing files from an external source, VinylStudio now strips the leading track number from the track name. This is useful when importing tracks previously saved by VinylStudio.
▪ The recording level indicators can now display either dB or percent (linear). The latter is more precise.
▪ When burning an audio CD, VinylStudio now allows you to burn a second, identical, CD more quickly.
▪ Dropdown lists now position themselves to the nearest matching entry when you start typing. Just press Enter to complete the entry.
▪ Fix crash when printing collection on El Capitan 10.11.1, and various other printing issues.
▪ Fix various issues when running full-screen on El Capitan.
▪ Fixed a problem when saving multiple tracks with the same name to iTunes where the first track was not saved.
▪ Support full-screen operation on Lion and later (not available on Snow Leopard).
▪ A number of other bug fixes and minor improvements,