Descriptions for Meta 1.7.2
Name: Meta – music tag editor
Release Date: September 27, 2017
Languages: English, French, German, Italian
Developer: Benjamin Jaeger
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.nightbirdsevolve.com/meta/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/meta-music-tag-editor/id558317092?mt=12
Meta is a complete tool that helps you manage your digital music collection. It allows for easily editing audio metadata (tags) such as a song’s artist, title, album, artwork, etc…
• Supported Formats:
– Audio files: .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .flac .ogg .oga .opus .speex .wav .aiff .dsf .dsdiff
– Metadata: ID3v1, ID3v2.3/v2.4, APE, MP4, Vorbis, INFO Tags.
– Straightforward, native user interface that follows macOS’ Standards.
– Batch Editing: Apply changes to a selection of files at once.
– Preview audio and artworks without leaving Meta, using Quick Look.
– Perform string transformations.
– Find and replace text, or regular expressions.
– Rename files, extract tags from file names, or even create directories by specifying metadata patterns.
– Easily set or export album artworks using drag & drop.
– Adjust artworks (scale, crop, compress) either on demand, or automatically upon adding new artwork, to keep your audio files size to a minimum.
…and there’s more:
– Generate track number sequences: just choose an index and increment, and Meta will do the rest.
– Batch cut/copy/paste metadata: very useful in-app, and to exchange data with Numbers or Excel spreadsheets as CSV.
– Take advantage of handy file operations, in-app (move, delete, open with, reveal in finder, etc…)
– Utility popovers that help you edit long text (lyrics, comments), BPM (tap tempo), or dates so you don’t have to worry about what format to use.
• iTunes Friendly:
Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata once edited in Meta.
Optionally get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes’s database.
• Meta’s Interface can be Customised:
View Configurations allow you to define lists of tags you want to view/edit.
You can then quickly switch between configurations, depending on your needs (for example: common, advanced, sorting, podcast-related, etc…)
• Fast, Clean, and Reliable:
Edits are instantaneous. Any changes can easily be undone.
And most of all, Meta is powered by Taglib: a well-tested, open-source tagging engine.
If you want to contribute to making Meta even better, get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @meta4mac
What’s New in Meta 1.7.2
– Meta now ignores the ‘Open directory at launch’ preference, when launched to open a specified set of files.
– Fixed multiple retro compatibility issues that could cause crashes on systems older than macOS 10.10
Previously in 1.7:
– Added support for Direct Stream Digital audio files (ie. DSF and DSDIFF).
– Added the ability to import / export .m3u playlist files.
– Added a preference that allows selecting a directory to be opened on app launch.
– Fixed showing the app’s main window when launching Meta using an app-icon drag.
– Meta is now tolerant to ‘similar’ Vorbis XIPH Frames for Comments, Year, and Track Number.