Name: Meta – Music Tag Editor, Audio Metadata
Release Date: July 02, 2017
Languages: English, French, German
Developer: Benjamin Jaeger
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K'ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.nightbirdsevolve.com/meta/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/meta-music-tag-editor-audio-metadata/id558317092?mt=12
Meta is a complete tool that helps you manage your digital music collection. It allows for easily editing audio metadata (tags) such as a song's artist, title, album, artwork, etc…
• Supported Formats:
- Audio files: .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .flac .ogg .oga .opus .speex .wav .aiff
- Metadata: ID3v1, ID3v2.3/v2.4, APE, MP4, Vorbis, INFO Tags.
- Straightforward, native user interface that follows macOS' Standards.
- Batch Editing: Apply changes to a selection of files at once.
- Preview audio and artworks without leaving Meta, using Quick Look.
- Perform string transformations.
- Find and replace text, or regular expressions.
- Rename files, extract tags from file names, or even create directories by specifying metadata patterns.
- Easily set or export album artworks using drag & drop.
- Adjust artworks (scale, crop, compress) either on demand, or automatically upon adding new artwork, to keep your audio files size to a minimum.
…and there's more:
- Generate track number sequences: just choose an index and increment, and Meta will do the rest.
- Batch cut/copy/paste metadata: very useful in-app, and to exchange data with Numbers or Excel spreadsheets as CSV.
- Take advantage of handy file operations, in-app (move, delete, open with, reveal in finder, etc…)
- Utility popovers that help you edit long text (lyrics, comments), BPM (tap tempo), or dates so you don’t have to worry about what format to use.
• iTunes Friendly:
Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata once edited in Meta.
Optionally get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes’s database.
• Meta’s Interface can be Customised:
View Configurations allow you to define lists of tags you want to view/edit.
You can then quickly switch between configurations, depending on your needs (for example: common, advanced, sorting, podcast-related, etc…)
• Fast, Clean, and Reliable:
Edits are instantaneous. Any changes can easily be undone.
And most of all, Meta is powered by Taglib: a well-tested, open-source tagging engine.
We’re dedicated to bringing you frequent free feature updates. If you want to contribute to making Meta even better, get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @meta4mac. Happy Tagging!
What's New in Version 1.6.8:
- Added completions for the 'Grouping' tag, using iTunes data.
- Added the ability to String-Transform all of a file's metadata at once (context menu & edit menu)
- Added the ability to batch-copy read-only attributes
- Added the ability to batch-copy some attributes' “raw” value (offered when pressing the option-key)
- New 'Edit in List / View in List (alternate)' entries in the tag context menus of the sidebar
- There is no more lag when selecting a big amount of files. (Previously had to wait 40s when selecting ~500 files. Now selection is instantaneous even with a load of ~3000 Files on a classic Hard Disk Drive).
- Column customisation menu: All visible columns are now initially part of the menu, for faster de-selection.
- Added Some Missing Translations.
- Fixed a bug which could cause clearing tags to fail.