Descriptions for Sketch 48
Name: Sketch for Mac
Release Date: 06 Dec 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.sketchapp.com/
An easy to use graphic editing application for macOS that makes it easy for you to work with multiple layers, vector drawings, and more
Complex graphic processing suites that usually include vector drawing capabilities employ a large chunk of your system’s resources, and might prove to be over complicated when working on small projects.
Effortless to install graphic processor featuring vector tools and multiple layers
Sketch is a lightweight macOS application designed to provide these functionalities in a clean, organized, yet stylish user interface. The app includes vector drawing tools, is able to work with multiple layers, allows you to define your own symbols, and much more.
Finding your way around Sketch is fairly intuitive, but the developers also provide an extensive online documentation: here you can learn how to work with layers, how to add and edit shapes, how to insert text objects, how to export specific layers, and much more.
Even without the documentation, due to the intuitive user interface, you will start working on your assignments in no time.
Packs basic vector drawing tools, but also includes powerful styling functions
For your convenience, Sketch also includes a set of templates for various types of projects (iOS App Icon, iOS UI Design, Mac App Icon, or Web Design) and a model (Welcome to Sketch).
The Sketch main window is separated in various sections: the center is reserved for the canvas, while the left panel displays the list of layers, and the right panel offers all the attributes and customization options for the currently selected object. At the same time, the top toolbar provides buttons for most frequently used tools.
Versatile graphic editor that enables you to work with multiple layers and vector objects without having to deal with complex workflows
Sketch is able to work with shadows, gradients, blending and blurring tools, allows you to create complex shapes by grouping multiple objects, comes with a powerful text rendering engine, and much more.
On the whole, Sketch provides a variety of efficient tools that enable you to start working on the graphic details for a wide range of project types, in no time. The low resources usage and the intuitive, streamlined workflow recommend it as a trusty companion for your designing endeavors.
What’s New in Sketch 48
- Color Management – Sketch adds support for working and exporting documents in sRGB and P3 color spaces.
- Find and Replace – You can now find a color you’re using, so it can be replaced throughout your document.
- Sketch Cloud – Files can now be downloaded from Sketch Cloud – when sharing with Sketch Cloud, the document itself is uploaded with its content.
- Symbol Scaling – Symbol instances can now be scaled independently from the Symbol master using the Scale command.
- Imported Symbols now remain linked to their Library when copied and pasted between documents
- Library previews can now be added by creating an Artboard titled “Library Preview” in the Library document
- Improved performance for documents featuring many Symbol overrides
- Updated the built-in “iOS UI Design” Library for iOS 11
- Improved PDF import of non-rectangular outline masks
- You can now hold down the Shift key during launch to disable all Sketch plugins
- A shadow’s spread can be set to a negative value to decrease the size of the object casting the shadow
- Improved performance of SVG export when exporting Artboards from pages containing many other Artboards
- Improved Sketch Cloud UI with a number of refinements, plus added the ability to request access to privately shared documents
- Uploads to Sketch Cloud can now be cancelled whilst the upload is in progress
- Improved the way overrides are displayed for nested Symbols if their values had been overridden
- Improved font replacement by respecting subranges of text using different weights
- The toolbar now shows which tool you’re currently working with
- The shortcuts to quickly toggle borders and fills (B and F) now also work in the vector editor
- Improved appearance of shadows applied to complex shapes such as outlined text layers
- Improved various boolean operation results, particularly when subtracting overlapping shapes
- Improved selection of shapes with thin borders and no fill
- The “iOS App Icon” template has been updated to include Smooth Corners and Symbol scaling
- When replacing a layer with a Symbol, the Symbol now inherits the same size as the previous layer
- Artboard presets for Android devices are now named correctly
- Improved padding for the iPhone X Status Bar Symbols within the built-in iOS UI Design Library
- The magnifier tool now uses the document color space when determining the color of the pixel that’s selected or hovered over
- Fixed a number of bugs where boolean operations on certain overlapping shapes would have unexpected results
- Fixed a bug where picking colors from additional displays would use the wrong color space
- Fixed a bug where resetting a bitmap to its original size wouldn’t be reflected in the Inspector
- Fixed a bug where the size value in the Inspector wouldn’t update after using the Scale command on a layer
- Fixed a bug where repositioning Symbol Artboards within a Library document would trigger a Library Update
- Fixed a bug where plugins couldn’t be saved from the Run Script panel if the Plugins folder was a symlink
- Fixed a problem that prevented CocoaScript from working correctly on the latest version of macOS High Sierra
- Fixed a rare bug where the contents of a Symbol could appear hidden when applying a text override
- Fixed a bug where shadows applied to filled layers with either a Center or Outside border might not show as expected
- Fixed a bug where shadows would be clipped when applied to certain lines and borders
- Fixed a bug where nested Symbol content could be unexpectedly clipped in rare cases
- Fixed a bug where a document’s reference to its shared link in Sketch Cloud would be reset when cancelling a Save As… action
- Fixed a bug where the size value in the Inspector wouldn’t update after resetting a Symbol instance to its original size
- Fixed a bug where Detach from Symbol would misplace the layer’s selection bounds in rare cases
- Fixed a bug where Symbol previews would be reloaded several times when expanding an elongated Overrides menu
- Fixed a bug where the height of new multi-line text layers would be set automatically when click-and-dragging to insert a fixed-width text layer
- Fixed a bug where changing the size of a text layer within a group could cause it to shift position unexpectedly
- Fixed a bug where inserting points on rounded curves might have been unreliable
- Fixed a bug where dragging a handle control point in the vector editor wouldn’t snap to all possible locations
- Fixed a bug where guides would appear to be displayed at the wrong position after ungrouping Artboards
- Fixed a bug where dragging layers set to export as JPG from the Layer List to the desktop would result in poor quality exports
- Fixed a bug where split paths wouldn’t maintain their correct position in the hierarchy
- Fixed a bug where layers inserted using the Pencil tool would always be positioned at the top of the Layer List
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the Canvas wouldn’t exit the radial gradient editor
- Fixed a bug where the color picker could contain another color picker when choosing a color
- Fixed a bug where the Welcome window wouldn’t show the correct document preview
- Fixed a rare bug where uploads to Sketch Cloud might appear to be slightly blurry
- Fixed a bug where a 0-radius star couldn’t be selected on the Canvas
- Fixed a bug where layers couldn’t be selected after selecting to ignore their underlying mask
- Fixed a bug where the color picker wouldn’t be scrollable in some rare cases
- Fixed a bug where the color picker wouldn’t always display the correct HEX value
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when converting text to outlines
- Fixed a bug where the expected color profile wouldn’t always be assigned to images exported by dragging from the Layer List
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category