Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: Intel
RAM minimum: 2 GB
Video RAM: 512 Mb
Note: Sketch 3.5 requires Mac OS 10.10 or higher to run
• Improved rendering performance during complex operations such as moving many objects and undoing big changes
• Improved performance while zooming and panning the canvas
• Background blurs that are effectively disabled with a 0 radius will no longer slow down rendering
• Improved performance when making large grids of layers
• Much improved performance when moving large numbers of objects
• Improved performance when making edits in large artboards
• Improved performance for drawing paths with a dash pattern
• Improved performance when working with multiple blended layers due to smarter caching
• Performance improvements when using complex bezier paths due to smarter caching
• Significant performance improvements when rendering documents with large images scaled down to small sizes due to better caching
• Improves performance when doing Rotate Copies with many selected layers
• Improves performance when moving multiple layers using the keyboard arrow keys
• Improved performance when moving layers around in large documents with nested groups that have been open for a long time
• Artboard titles now truncate, so as not to extend beyond the edge, and get hidden if the artboard is very narrow.
• Subpixel anti-aliasing has been turned off for all documents and the default setting is off - we soon expect to drop support for it entirely
• We removed the Retina Canvas checkbox from preferences since it was a confusing setting
• Fixes a bug where changing border opacity could in rare cases affect the opacity of layers above it
• Fixes a rare bug where grey shadows could be tinted with the color of a fill from another layer
• Fixes a bug where the canvas could flicker white when making edits
• When resizing a text layer from the bottom we now also scale line height along
• Holding the Option key in the shape editor now hides all overlay points for better precision
• Rotate toolbar action is now disabled when there are no layers selected
• When you drag a shape onto another shape in the Layer List it now creates a Union operation with the two by default
• When creating a new Group, it is now just called ‘Group’ instead of a combination of its child layer names
• Distributing layers horizontally or vertically now also takes the Pixel Fitting preference into account
• Improves the previews in the Layer List for boolean operation subpaths
• New images are now always inserted above the selected layer
• When rotating a layer we now show the current degrees as a tooltip with the mouse
• Added tooltips to many buttons that were lacking them
• Running scripts should now release their memory after they’re done running
• Subsequent exports will now remember which slices you had enabled the previous time so it becomes easier to repeatedly export the same set
• Updated the iOS Icon Template
• When exporting artboards to a PDF, the default file name is now the name of the document.
• When hovering a shape with dashed borders, the hovering outline is no longer dashed
• The contextual menu that appears when right-clicking on a ruler now includes an item to remove all guides along that ruler.
• Rearranged the text fields in the Scale sheet to put the percentage first, since that’s the most common action when scaling
• Shared Styles and Symbols now truncate their names less aggressively when displayed in menus.
• The list of used fonts in a document now includes all pages, and not only the current one
• Reduced the minimum size of a new shape created by dragging to 1 (was 4).
• Dragging a selection rectangle outside an artboard will no longer select any layers in the artboard.
• Adds the ability to export slices in SketchTool using their ID instead of the layer name
• Added a toolbar icon for the common action of Aligning Layers to Pixel Edge
• Applying a mask to multiple layers now disables the ‘Ignore Underlying Mask’ setting on the layers, to avoid confusion.
• When reducing the size of images we now display a warning dialog explaining the effects
• Improves the consistency of alignment icons when aligning to layers or artboards
• Fixes a rare bug where images could get lost between saving a document and reopening it
• Fixes a bug where changing lists in text layers would not cause proper refresh
• Fixes a bug in the vector editor where a straight line with one faux Mirrored point could disappear
• Scale sheet no longer accepts negative values for its width and height fields
• Fixes a bug where symbols could be pasted into each other in some cases
• Fixes a crash that could happen when changing selection in or out of Full Screen mode.
• Fixes a bug in SketchTool where it would fail to dump the contents of certain documents
• Fixes a bug where hitting the export button while an export-size field still had focus wouldn’t register the last edit and thus export at the wrong size
• Fixes a bug where resized image layers could be blurry when exported to larger resolutions
• Fixes a bug where SVG code copied from Illustrator could be inserted as plain text instead
• Fixes a bug where the Trial notification in the corner of the window could stick around even after registering successfully
• Fixes a bug where multiple overlapping Background Blurs could crash Sketch
• Fixes a bug where the canvas could flicker white after zooming in or out
• Fixes a bug where moving layers around using the keyboard in groups with opacity could lead to unexpected clipping
• Fixes a bug where closing documents could crash Sketch in rare cases
• Fixes a bug where undoing edits to Shared Styles could hang Sketch
• Fixes a bug where duplicated artboards could end on top of existing artboards
• Fixes a bug where Layout Settings of the last selected Artboard could in rare cases be applied to all Artboards
• Fixes a bug where documents could be immediately marked as edited again after saving
• Fixes a bug in the Artboard Preset-panel that would allow you to summon it multiple times
• Fixes a rare bug whereby documents could be corrupted when saved to disk
• Fixes a bug where the Artboard Preset-panel wouldn’t remember the name you gave it
• Fixes a bug where pasted layers would end up at the top of their group instead of inserted above the selected layer
• Fixes a bug where the Layer List would be too slow, or incorrect, in refreshing its previews after layers had been reordered
• Fixes a bug where Artboards with a background color would also draw that color on other slices
• Fixes a bug where selecting the Arrow tool would instead select the Line tool in the toolbar
• Fixes a bug where open lines would make it impossible to select layers below them because their non-existent fill would intercept the click
• Fixes a bug where the Feedback menu might misbehave when there was no internet connection
• Fixes a bug where flattened layers would take the background color of their parent artboard
• Fixes a bug where opening the ‘Organise Symbols’ sheet would deselect all objects on the Canvas.
• Fixes a bug where it would be near impossible to select small text layers
• Fixes a bug where reordering paths in boolean operations could reset the operation
And various crashes have been fixed
More Info: http://bohemiancoding.com/sketch/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sketch/id852320343
Sketch: graphic design for a digital world. Powerful tools and an elegant interface, in a single award-winning package. Because making beautiful things should be a joy, not a burden.
Sketch supports multiple fills, borders and shadows per layer; has powerful non-destructive boolean operations; smart pixel alignment; and makes exporting a breeze with automatic slicing and multiple resolution export.
Vector tools and basic shapes are the foundation; whether you are designing icons, websites, interfaces or anything else. Combine these into complex shapes with non-destructive boolean operations, leaving you free to edit them in the future, then apply advanced layer style options like multiple shadows, fills, gradients, noise, blending, background blurring, and more.
Sketch doesn't just do shapes, of course. Imported images can be rotated, scaled, cropped and masked. The best-in-class text tool lets you add beautiful typography to your designs, using native font rendering, so you can be sure that text always looks 100% accurate!
Brand new to Sketch 3, Symbols allow you to reuse entire groups of content in multiple places in your design. Think of interface elements such as buttons, headers and footers. Change them once, and they update everywhere in your document.
Built for the Mac, Sketch supports OS X’s Versions and Auto Save, letting you focus on your work instead of hitting CMD+S. Keep your work safely in sync across multiple Mac computers with iCloud. And take Sketch full screen to maximise the size of your canvas.
All this power is deliciously baked into Sketch’s single-window interface. Everything is there, tucked away until you need it. A simple interface with powerful tools.
Now everything is possible.