||Patina 1.1.2/Patina 1.1.2 MAS [TNT].dmg (10.29 MB)
Name: Patina - Paint, Draw, and Sketch with Ease
Release Date: October 15, 2016
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
Developer: Atek, Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Activation: Pre-K'ed (Courtesy of Team TNT)
Tested on macOS 10.12.1
Web Site: http://www.patinaapp.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/patina-paint-draw-sketch-ease/id942568098?mt=12
Patina is the highest rated Microsoft Paint replacement app in the Mac App Store.
Tools and color management in Patina are simple and intuitive.
You can use Patina to sketch an idea, draw a diagram, illustrate a concept, or paint a picture.
The screen shots here showcase the type of artwork you can do in Patina, but Patina is great for all kinds of other personal and work purposes too.
Patina can also be used as a basic image management tool for cropping, rotating, resizing, and saving photos as a different file type. (If you also have a Windows computer, check out our Sizester image resizing app at sizester.com!)
If you've used Microsoft Paint, you'll find that Patina is as simple to use as Paint, if not simpler, and has additional really useful features, including rotation of objects at any angle and transparent image saving.
As a Mac user accustomed to attractive, well-designed software, you'll appreciate Patina's elegant interface and user-friendly design.
Unlike most other Paint-like apps that are derivations of an open source program, Patina was designed and built from scratch in the US with great care to be as easy to use as possible.
We're confident that you'll find Patina to be the best simple painting, drawing, and sketching app in the Mac App Store.
Patina was recently updated with some great enhancements, including two new types of arrow tools and line tools, user-configurable DPI settings, more control over fixed degree increments for rotation of shapes and selections, improved eye dropper color sampling, an optional checkerboard transparent canvas, the capability to open/import PSD (with non-layered view), PDF, AI, and PS files, and full macOS Sierra compatibility.
Please note that Patina is not a vector app, does not have layers, and does not allow you to manipulate already drawn objects in the same way that you can in a layout app like Pages or a presentation app like Keynote or PowerPoint.
Be sure to check out the tutorial screen in the app, the demo video on patinaapp.com, and the FAQs on www.patinaapp.com/support. If you still can't figure out how to do something in Patina, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for help.
If you want to report a bug or you have a comment or suggestion, please email us at email@example.com. We greatly value and appreciate your input.
Patina is Retina optimized and works great with all versions of OS X starting with 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and including macOS Sierra.
If you like Patina, we really appreciate you letting other Mac users know about the quality of the app by leaving a rating in the Mac App Store for this current version, and writing a review if you have time. We offer Patina at a low price to make it available to as many people as possible, and in order to support our ongoing efforts to continually improve the app, it's really helpful if our users can rate it. Thank you for taking a moment to do that for us!
Patina is crafted with care in California and Washington.
Quality assurance and testing assistance by CodeFinesse.
Copyright © 2015-2016 Atek, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Atek and Patina are registered trademarks of Atek, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, and Mac are registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Microsoft, Windows, and Paint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Atek, Inc. and the Patina app have no affiliation with Microsoft Corporation or the Microsoft Paint software application.
What's New in Version 1.1.2:
This big update of Patina includes some really nice enhancements and a few bug fixes:
- Two new types of arrow tools (solid head and linear head).
- Two new types of line tools (dotted line and dashed line).
- You can now open/import PSD, PDF, AI, and PS files (PSD files only open as non-layered, and you cannot directly save in these formats, but you can use the MacOS print dialog to save as PDF or PS format).
- User-configurable DPI setting (in Image menu, Adjust Canvas Size...).
- The eye dropper tool now shows sampled color in real time when you hover over the canvas, and it even distinguishes between the default white color canvas that represents a transparent background (i.e., a neutral background with no color) vs. a true white color that you have added to the canvas.
- Now you can optionally use a checkerboard canvas instead of the default white canvas to represent a transparent background by toggling Transparent Background on in the View menu. (Saving an image with a transparent background is now done by this same method instead of using a check box in the save dialog.)
- The rotation degrees indicator now has a decimal point, and you can control rotation degrees in exact 1, 5, and 45 degree increments by using the Option, Control, and Shift keys respectively while rotating with the mouse pointer.
- Improved automatic resizing of canvas to accommodate bigger image sizes.
- Improved usage of slider to increase and decrease size of selected areas.
- Keyboard shortcuts for ruler and grid.
- Moved Crop from Image menu to Edit menu.
- Full compatibility with Sierra, the newest version of macOS (formerly called OS X).