Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Block connections to: flyingmeat.com
Courtesy of Team NOY
Acorn 4.5.4 - January 30, 2015
Fixed a crasher that would sometimes occur when using the eye dropper tool w/ the option key down on a bitmap layer.
Fixed a problem where some types of RAW images were showing up black in 10.10.
Fixed a problem where Acorn thumbnails weren't showing up in Finder list views.
Fixed a crasher when using the instant alpha tool.
Full Release Notes: http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/releasenotes.html
Everyone needs to edit images at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey image editing programs. This is why we created Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures.
Combine images together to create your own. Work with layers to touch up your favorite photos or make something new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn.
* Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
* Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
* Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
* Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
* Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
* Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
* Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet's eraser.
* Vector shape and text layers.
* Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
* Create and apply custom text styles.
* Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
* Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
* GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
More info: http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/