Name: Quicken 2016
Release Date: June 05, 2016
Developer: Quicken Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
More information: http://www.quicken.com/mac
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/quicken-2016/id1034022101?mt=12
Quicken® 2016 for Mac helps you manage your personal finances in one place, so you can see where you’re spending and where you can save. Quicken categorizes financial transactions, helps you stay on top of bills, and set goals so you can save more. You can even access your data on the go.
PAY YOUR BILLS AND TRANSFER MONEY DIRECTLY FROM QUICKEN***
Direct Connect Bill Pay is now available with Quicken 2016 for Mac. With this new feature, you can see, track and pay bills easily within Quicken. You have the ability to transfer money between your connected accounts at the same bank*** from Quicken. You can transfer money between your accounts at the same bank.
FREE PHONE SUPPORT**
Even easier to get started. We’ll help every step of the way. Quicken Care agents available by phone or chat.
VIEW ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS IN ONE PLACE*
See all your downloaded bank, credit card, investment and retirement accounts in one place, so you know where you stand. Quicken 2016 downloads your income and expenses, so you don't have to enter transactions manually and can avoid the hassle of going to multiple websites.
SEE EXACTLY WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING
Quicken 2016 automatically categorizes expenses like groceries, entertainment, and more, so you can avoid having to edit them manually. You can easily see where you’re spending and where you can save.
PLAN, AND STAY ON, A BUDGET
We help make it easy to get on a budget you can live with. Quicken 2016 automatically sets up budget goals based on what you've spent in the past. You can customize your plan, and we'll track your progress.
ALERTS TO NEVER MISS A BILL
Quicken 2016 automatically creates bill reminders for you based on your previously paid bills or information you provide; you can customize or add reminders as needed. We’ll alert you when bills are coming up, so you can pay them on time and avoid late fees.
MAKE MONEY DECISIONS ON THE GO**
Check your account balances and budget on the go. Our free mobile app syncs data from your computer to your iPhone® and iPad® device. Take pictures of receipts to save with key purchases.
MANAGE YOUR INVESTMENTS AND PLAN FOR TAXES
See how your investments are performing. We’ll regularly update quotes to keep your portfolio value current. We make tax time easier by tracking cost basis estimating capital gains, and creating Schedule D tax reports.
GETTING STARTED IS A BREEZE
Step-by-step guidance helps you get up and running fast. Just answer a few simple questions; we'll show you how Quicken works, and what to do next. You'll see your financial picture come quickly into focus.
IMPORT DATA FROM SOME PREVIOUS QUICKEN VERSIONS
Easily import data from Quicken Essentials, Quicken 2007, and Quicken for Mac 2015, and Quicken Windows 2010 or newer versions.
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, please visit page www.quicken.com/privacy
By downloading this product, you acknowledge you’ve read and agree to Quicken End User License Agreement and Intuit’s discontinuation policy accessible on this page.
*Data download from participating financial institutions or other parties are available until April 2019; customer phone support, online features and services vary, require Internet access and/or may be subject to change, application approval, fees, additional terms and conditions. 14,500+ participating financial institutions as of 10/1/2015.
**Standard message and data rates may apply for sync, e-mail and text alerts. Visit www.quicken.com/go/apps for details. Quicken app (“App”) is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in the App. The App is a companion app and will work only with Quicken 2014 and above desktop products. Earlier versions of the App prior to Quicken 2014 will not work with Quicken 2015 or 2016 desktop product.
*** Paying bills and money transfer with Quicken for Mac are available only if your bank offers Bill Pay with Quicken.
What's New in Version 3.4.1:
We continue to refine the 12-Month Budget feature.
• NEW: Stacked Layout View. A number of customers mentioned they wanted an option to see more months on the screen at one time. The new stacked layout view achieves this by placing actual values above the budget number allowing column widths to be narrowed. This does mean each category is taller so you may need to scroll up and down more. Set the budget layout by clicking on the Gear icon and changing the preference.
• NEW: Export and Copy Budget. There is a new Export button in the budget view. Clicking this button will display a menu to export either the summary or full budget to a CSV file or to simply copy it to the clipboard to paste into Excel or another product. Use this feature to print the budget or to do further analysis.
• NEW: Summary Budget Detail Pop-Up. A pop-up appears when clicking on budget items in Budget view but didn't work in the Summary area. In 3.4 we've added the same pop-up to the summary area so you can get details on the category totals.
• NEW: The summary area now has a light gray background to distinguish it from the rest of the budget.
Added a number of small customer-requested features.
• NEW: "Tiny" Register Row option. This allows you to see more lines in your register.
• NEW: Changed the way we display share amounts in the Portfolio view. Previously, we displayed all shares with 2 decimal places. Now we're a little smarter about this. Whole numbers appear as whole numbers and if there are decimal values we will max out at 3 decimal places instead of 2.
Also fixed a number of bugs.
• BUG FIX: Fixed a calculation error in % Day Change values in portfolio view.
• BUG FIX: Fixed an issue in the calendar view running balance where today or overdue bill reminders were not being included in the balance calculation.
• BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the Portfolio Time Machine calendar drop down would appear off screen in full screen view.
• BUG FIX: Fixed a full-screen budget view issue where the screen would go black after cancelling or saving on the Select Categories screen.
• CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur if logging into Intuit ID and going to preferences before sign in completed.
• CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing a check number change.