Release Date: May 17, 2016
Developer: Alexander Blach
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of The Shark.
More information: http://www.textasticapp.com/mac.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/textastic/id572491815?mt=12
Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• syntax highlighting support for more than 80 source code and markup languages
• compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• open files in tabs
• open folders in a sidebar
• find in files
• print files
• symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• ready for Retina displays
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
What's New in Version 3.2:
• Print your files. You can select a separate font size and theme for printing. You can also choose if you want to print line numbers, footers, and headers.
• "Open Quickly" command: use it to find and open a file by typing characters that are in the name of the file or path. This command searches all folders that were added to the sidebar as well as Textastic's iCloud document folder. A sophisticated scoring algorithm orders the search results so you'll find the most likely match on the top of the list. Consecutive character matches, acronyms, and matching file extensions get a higher score.
• "Go to Line" command
• Added Markdown color rules to all built-in themes
• Themes are now grouped by whether they are light or dark
• Updated Swift syntax definition
• Fixed tab bar drawing issues
• The cursor could get stuck when using the arrow keys to navigate in text that contains Japanese characters
• Expanded sidebar subfolders could collapse when a mounted drive created by Transmit was updated
• Fixed an issue that would prevent the app from launching when the computer's network was configured with a link aggregate