Release Date: May 04, 2017
Developer: Black Pixel
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11.0 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.kaleidoscopeapp.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/kaleidoscope/id587512244?mt=12
Spot the differences. Merge in seconds.
With text merge, three-way merge, folder comparison, and now the ability to ignore whitespace-only differences, Kaleidoscope integrates perfectly with the version-control systems you already use.
Who says powerful developer tools can’t be beautiful too?
Praise for Kaleidoscope
"Kaleidoscope epitomizes the concept of “versatile software”: anyone can pick it up and use it, and the app will “scale” according to a user’s needs."- Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Kaleidoscope 2 is breeze. I wish I'd had something like Kaleidoscope when I wrote my first novel, and I'll be counting on it when I finally get around to writing the next one."- Rene Ritchie, iMore.com
"It’s beautifully designed, fast and wonderful to use. It’s become an essential part of my toolkit already."- Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web
It's Part of Your Workflow
- Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Perforce support
- Integrates as a fully-functional diff or merge tool
- Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
- Three powerful display modes
- Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
- Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
- Review code changes and resolve conflicts
- Intelligently auto-merges the right content
File & Folder Comparison
- Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
- Sort and filter down to what matters most
- Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
- Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
- Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
- Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast “difference mask”
Optimized for OS X Lion & Mountain Lion
- Beautiful, modern UI to feel at home on your Mac
- Full-Screen mode for focusing on your content
- Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
"The new Kaleidoscope is great, and has awesome and committed people behind it. Devs and designers need this tool."- @SteveStreza
"I just bought Kaleidoscope app! It has already saved my time greatly once (by comparing SQL from clipboard). Thank you!"- @befive_info
"Kaleidoscope 2 is the best merging tool for the Mac, hands down. I finally don't miss BeyondCompare."- @stefankendall
What's New in Version 2.2.0:
Added support for recent macOS updates.
Overhauled the interface to better reflect the contemporary Mac environment.
Added stability with multiple under-the-hood improvements.
Modernized the codebase to make future work more manageable.
Fixed various issues related to macOS Sierra.