Name: Cornerstone 3
Release Date: July 25, 2016
Developer: Zennaware GmbH
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.zennaware.com/cornerstone
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/cornerstone-3/id1110740402?mt=12
Work smarter with the all-new Cornerstone for Mac. Featuring a stunning new design, enhanced workflows and improved performance — Cornerstone 3 puts powerful tools at your fingertips.
With full support for all of Subversion's rich features, serious version control is now easier than ever.
• Streamlined workflow for previewing your changes before committing them
• Super-helpful checklist and preview take the guesswork out of Merging
• Class-leading text comparison and editing so you'll never miss a change
• Ingenious annotations that tell you the Who? Why? and When? of every piece of your files
• Log and Timeline views make navigating your project's history a breeze
• Zero configuration: everything you need is included in the app
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Thanks for producing one of the most intelligent pieces of software I have ever used. Cornerstone has dramatically improved my productivity".
Joel R. Kallman, Oracle America Inc.
Director, Software Development
“We recently switched to Subversion after having used Perforce for many years and we've found Cornerstone to be really impressive.”
Rich Siegel, Bare Bones Software, Inc
Makers of BBEdit, TextWrangler and Yojimbo
• Create new repositories or connect to existing ones
• Organize repositories in source lists
• Option-drag to create tags and branches
• Drag from Finder to import
• Organize working copies in source list
• Add existing working copies by dragging from Finder
• Change summary (including available repository updates), top folder status and activity shown in source list
• Displays local and remote file status
• Quick Look working copy files
• Powerful filtering by modification and lock status as well as by file name
• Configure which application to open files with by type and by file
• Inspect and modify Subversion properties
• Full support for sparse working copies with folder depth extension and reduction
• Compare text and images
• Most image formats supported including PNG, JPEG, GIF and PSD
• Highlights intraline differences
• Edit working versions by rejecting/restoring individual changes
• Include and exclude files
• Commit changes to folder properties without including nested files
• Compare files without leaving commit workflow
Branching and Merging:
• Dedicated View for tagging and branching
• Merge support for Synchronization, Reintegration, Cherry Picking and Advanced strategies.
• Merge preview and checklist to reduce risk of conflicts
• Displays history as list of revisions grouped by date
• Filter by text, change type or age
• Integrated compare view
• Seamless integration of blame information into the compare view
• Color-coded author display
• Legend window with detailed statistics and timeline
• Navigate through a file's constituent revisions
• Compact horizontal timeline
• Compare history for multiple items
• Powerful set of filters
• Branch points are clearly marked and can be expanded and collapsed
• Describes all activities performed in working copy or repository
• Detailed progress information for lengthy operations
• Show differences for incoming updates
• Saved to disk between application sessions
• List view displays definitions as simple list
• Filter for definitions referencing HEAD or a specific revision
• Property text can also be edited directly in text view
• Full application documentation in Apple Help Book format
• Describes best-practice workflows for working with Subversion
What's New in Version 3.0.1:
• Timeline layout is incorrect when the system "Show scroll bars" preference is set to "Always".
• Cornerstone displays an error when running a custom compare script from the compare view.
• Checking out a working copy from a repository whose URL is not the repository's root URL results in a new repository being added to the source list.
• Changing a repository's URL by adding or removing a directory component results in an "Invalid relocation destination error" if changes are propagated to working copies.
• Cornerstone displays an error when trying to use DiffMerge as an external compare tool.
• The working copy and repository browser views are not always sorted correctly when the view is sorted by "Kind".
• Working copies that are contained within other working copies cannot be added to the source list.