Name: CodeRunner 2
Release Date: August 08, 2016
Developer: Nikolai Krill
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://coderunnerapp.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/coderunner-2/id955297617?mt=12
Edit and run code in any programming language with just a single click. With CodeRunner, it has never been easier to write and test code, run scripts, work with algorithms, or simply experiment with a new coding or scripting language.
Run Your Code Instantly
• CodeRunner was built on the principle that you should be able to run your code instantly, in any language. CodeRunner can run code in 23 languages out-of-the-box, and can be easily extended to run code in any other language.
IDE-Level Code Completion
• Any programmer knows the importance of good code completion. That's why CodeRunner supports full-blown IDE-level code completion for many languages, that includes fuzzy-search, tab-selectable placeholders, and documentation snippets.
Debugging with Breakpoints
• New in CodeRunner 2.2, you can set breakpoints and step through code line by line. Just click the text margin to set a breakpoint and start debugging. Explore the call stack, view and edit local variables, and leverage the full power of the debugger by issuing debugger commands. Debugging code in any language has never been this convenient.
Supported Languages for Running Code
For a full list of supported languages and features, please visit coderunnerapp.com
What's New in Version 2.2.2:
CodeRunner 2.2 finally supports debugging, which means you can set breakpoints in your code. To set a breakpoint, simply click a line in the text margin. Once your breakpoint is hit, you can step through your code, explore the call stack, view and edit local variables, and leverage the full power of the debugger by issuing debugger commands.
More Changes in CodeRunner 2.2:
• New preference: "Ask to save untitled documents when quitting", used instead of the system-wide setting (which many found confusing).
• New preference to specify where on the tab bar new tabs are inserted.
• Python 3 code completion now gives results for Python 3 and not 2.7.
• Improved formatting of Python code completion documentation snippets.
• White I-beam cursor in the editor and console for improved visibility on dark backgrounds.
• Console text colors are now customizable through themes. These settings can be found at the bottom of any theme's settings list in CodeRunner preferences.
• The console now provides proper support for the
• Instead of displaying "Run Failed" when your code exits with a non-zero exit status, it now shows "Run Ended" and displays the exit status.
Improved Objective-C code completion.
• The Dock menu now lists open documents and windows.
• Improvements to the contextual menu when right-clicking in the editor.
• The "Go to Folder" keyboard shortcut changed to Command-Option-G, and now provides autocompletion of directory paths.
• Added the ability to compile only (without running) using Command-B.
• Improved compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
• Fixed a lot of bugs.