Name: Tap Forms 5 - Organizer + Secure Database
Release Date: April 30, 2017
Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
Developer: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.tapforms.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/tap-forms-5-organizer-secure-database/id1081981112?mt=12
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with iCloud Sync!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014)- comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
What's New in Version 5.1.1:
• Fixed a couple of pesky crashes.
5.1 New Stuff:
• iCloud sync and Apache CouchDB sync support was added to the Sync Settings screen in addition to IBM Cloudant and Nearby sync.
• Greatly improved VoiceOver support.
• Touch Bar support for MacBook Pros.
• Import, Export, and Print Presets allow you to save and quickly retrieve different sets of settings.
• All new formula editor screen for Calculation fields.
• Formulas can now reference fields from related parent and child linked forms.
• You can now use text fields in the IFEMPTY() and IFNOTEMPTY() functions in your formulas.
• New DATE() function allows you to specify how you want a date to be formatted in a formula's result.
• With a Saved Search selected, exporting a Tap Forms Archive will now export only the records that were displayed.
• Pressing option-Return on the multi-column list view will now put that cell into edit mode.
• The Select Fields popover on the multi-column list view can now be changed for each saved search. So you can have different fields displayed depending on the selected search.
• The Select Fields popover now allows you to rearrange the order of fields displayed on the multi-column list view independently of the order of the fields in the form.
• Added Duplicate Document function to main Database Documents window.
• Added "New Document" function to the File menu.
• Geo coordinates are now displayed below the location title on the record details view.
• Photos on the record details screen can now be sorted based upon the photos' filenames.
• The text size can now be changed on the multi-column list view.
• Bulk Font Changes: you can now change the font in a Note field across all records in the form.
• A power failure could cause the document's internal SQLite database file to become corrupted.
• The wrong records were being printed when the Photo Grid View was selected.
• Multi-column list view was not displaying when you created a new form and switched to that view unless you dragged down the divider line to reveal it.
• And last but not least... fixes for other broken stuff.
If you find Tap Forms useful, please consider writing a nice review. Every positive review helps greatly with my ability to further develop and support Tap Forms Organizer.